Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC problems

• 22-08-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I've recently upgraded to UPC 15mb broadband but all is not well :(

My primary problem is with my Xbox live connection. The lag I'm experiencing is making things unolayable even though my laptop is flying at full speed connection. I tried everything with opening ports but still no joy. Whilst on my iPhone YouTube videos will buffer way too slow too whilst the laptop will still run at full connection speed :mad:

So I've decided to try and use my reliable linksys router. Never had problems with any device with this and I've used it with many ISP's.

My problem now though is, I can't seem to use the cisco modem/router as a modem alone!!. I've turned on bridging mode in the settings and plugged an Ethernet cable from the cisco to the linksys but can't connect with the linksys at all.

Can anyone help me lads??. I'm so frustrated with it all!!. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Anybody have help on this??. Is enabling bridging mode enough for it to work with my linksys router or should other settings be changed also??.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

try lowering youre fire wall to low on your router/modem. Im not sure if this works on UPC but it does work on other ISPs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

You should also disable DHCP and DNS servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Former_84 wrote: »
    Since UPC is usually crap and going down from time to time, I think this site might come in very handy for all of us: http://www.upcisdown.com. It may at least allow us to channel our frustrations somewhere. I'm adding here next time UPC broadband problems occur for me.

Stop spamming and bring up old threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Read the rules.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement