Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

housesharing in Dublin

Options
  • 22-08-2010 8:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

I'm probably going to be moving back to Dublin in the next month and will have to houseshare with randomers. Any time I've lived in Dublin I've lived with people I know. So I'm a bit apprehensive about potential scammers.

Is it normal practise to contact the landlord directly or should you deal with whoever is in the house? I'd be very reluctant to hand over any money without any paperwork, considering I don't even know them.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Denerick wrote: »
    Is it normal practise to contact the landlord directly or should you deal with whoever is in the house?

Very much depends as some landlords rent on a room-by-room basis and they're your point of contact but in other cases the landlord rents the whole house to one tenant who sublets the rooms.

Have a gawk at the Accommodation & Property forum, lots of info there.

Advertisement