Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fightpads?

Options
  • 22-08-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Lads, I'm quite desperate to play some SF (HDR and Super IV, plus MVC3 when that comes out), but I lack a decent controller.

Having heard about fightpads I thought "oh, that sounds perfect" but I've had no joy finding one. I have a Hori EX2 but it just feels awkward, or is it just me and it's actually a good stick?

Anyway, anyone know of where a 360 fightpad can be got? Can't do online as I've no credit card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

GorySnake plays on a Hori EX3, and he got 3rd at the last 2 Inferno tournaments.
    Personally, I like the stick, but hate the buttons (too stiff) and weight (too small).

As for Fightpads, they should be available in HMV for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

yeah got mine in hmv for 20 quid. dont like it so far. find the diagonals on the dpad quite unresponsive which is a pain in the hole since i play charge characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Lads, I'm quite desperate to play some SF (HDR and Super IV, plus MVC3 when that comes out), but I lack a decent controller.

Having heard about fightpads I thought "oh, that sounds perfect" but I've had no joy finding one. I have a Hori EX2 but it just feels awkward, or is it just me and it's actually a good stick?

Anyway, anyone know of where a 360 fightpad can be got? Can't do online as I've no credit card.

Are you looking for a pad or a stick?

The madcatz SFIV pads are available in HMV, but you'll need to go online for decent sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    GorySnake plays on a Hori EX3, and he got 3rd at the last 2 Inferno tournaments.
    Personally, I like the stick, but hate the buttons (too stiff) and weight (too small).

As for Fightpads, they should be available in HMV for €25.

Unfortunately I've only come in a measly 4th place so far.

Hori EX2's are alright, they're cheap at least. If you want to switch to stick, use that for at least a week to see how it feels. As Kiki said the buttons do feel a little stiff, I'm so used to hitting the buttons with force, when I play on any other stick it feels like air. The joystick itself is a square gate, that is, it has only 4 points, top left/right corner and bottom left/right corner. This can take a little getting used to but I find both types not a problem to switch between.

It's main problem is durability. Im on my second after only a year and a half, my first one gave out after 10 months, in fairness that was my fault dropping it accidently quite often, but my new one I got just 4 months ago, have taken good care of, and is already bugging out on me.

They're not something you want for long term but they'll do for trying out at least.

Advertisement