Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who fancies living in a church?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I was looking everywhere on the formerglory website for a fabulous church conversion in Galway but couldn't find it. Just found it there a few mins ago,they had moved it on the website from the fully restored section.
    There are four pages of detailed photos of the restoration project.

http://www.formerglory.ie/churchrestoration1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Some amount of churches out there for sale. Away more than I would have imagined.
    Cathooo wrote: »
    €295k for a huge church, if only I had some money!

I could be well of the mark but I reckon €295k would look like loose change all the same by the time you get this particular church up to scratch as living accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

testicle wrote: »
    I think the one in Limerick is owned by Doc of what was Doc's nightclub.

Yeah your right, very nice place though. Himself and the missus kept the original features like the confessional was the coat closet on the way in

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

I would never live in a church... just in case... you know..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

PWEI wrote: »

Wow, now thats some conversion! I think that must be the most unconventional kitchen in Ireland:). Altar area reminds me very much of the altar area in my local church apart from the fact theres an altar with a pulpit and tabernacle in my local church and well, a kitchen in this one. Very similar dimensions and layout though with a side door off the altar to the sacristy in the exact same place.

Specification of the finish appears to be very high. Would imagine the conversion cost an absolute fortune. Would seem that those completing the conversion were cognisant of heating costs and heat retention also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 quarry

The Former Glory website has been redesigned and that church conversion in Galway is now at:

http://www.formerglory.ie/beinspired1/churchconversion1.html

Apologies for digging up a two year old topic but I discovered last night that the wonderful restored church that appeared on Grand Designs has just come on the market. From what I remember the couple who own it paid more than this to restore it;

http://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/Kilgallan-Kilmeena-Westport-Co-Mayo/671209

Advertisement