Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport Sea2Summit Saturday 13th November

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Just wondering if anyone had problems with their times. My Garmin GPS had me down for 17:30 for first run but results had me at 19:20. Also when I finished my printout said I finished in x position but results now have me 6 places further behind.
    Also don't understand how their dibs worked at start. Everyone had to dib leaving the hotel in a haphazard fashion but race leg did not start for another few minutes. Do the results allow for the waves been staggered?
    Just a few queries but overall race was very well ran apart from the start where it seemed a little all over the place due to lack of microphone working. Might be something worth looking at for next year but still the best AR in my opinion.

Doesn't matter when you dib in at the start. All given same start time per wave.

The lower place is probably because people in later waves posted quicker times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

4 stars (good)
    friend of mine in ahead of me figures his watch had him 2 minutes quicker than the dibber and that someone else had mentioned it too, im not sure cos i started my watch a bit late but it roughly matched with my dibber time
    as for race i had a sh*t race.. or at least a terrible first half in which i lost a pile of time and then had an ok second half but the damage was done..
    lost 10 minutes on last year,i expected to lose a bit as ive been training for longer slower stuff this year but the 10 minute loss was down to mentality, as in well this is going badly, mite as well slow down and enjoy it !! have to work on that..
    bad enough that i was 60th when i finished but i went out to 90 something by the end of the day.. so yeah its just people in the next wave being faster..
    in terms of a race its really well organised and great value for what you get on the day..race, meal, entry to niteclub later and great craic with a lot of people hanging round..
    il be back next year to get my 10 minutes ( and a bit more ) back

Advertisement