Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architectural technologist

Options
  • 22-08-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I have finished hons degree in architectural technology may 2010. I am presently seeking employment or at least a FAS WPP1 work placement. How are other graduates approaching this problem. I know my industry is really not good at the moment, but i aint going to stop trying to get a start in it yet. If i dont get a start in the next 5-6 weeks i may just pursue any job. I have also applied for different sector jobs in the last week , 3 off them ,but no reply yet.

any opinions accepted:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

Keep Upskilling, learn revit.

set up as a sole trader and look for contract work, ie job specific work. pain in the hole but that kind of work is out there

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

i have asked by startin on own.... as far as i can see i will need PI cover for my work. to get this i need to get work experience, so its a vicious circle:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

there's loads of threads about AT and needing to have PI here if you havent had a look around already
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1097

keep busy and keep at it anyway

Advertisement