Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lately i've only been getting 1400KBPS on 15MB package

• 22-08-2010 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I am with UPC and normally get 1850KBPS. Lately 1400 has been the max. I got UPC on the 6th of august and downloaded 8GB a day for the first 12 days, but lately I have run out of stuff to download.

Anyone know what is happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

How are You downloading?

Do a speedtest and paste the results
    http://www.speedtest.net/

Download this and tell us what speed You're getting after 2-3mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

924243711.png

That is the speed. I started the download of Ubuntu and it would have taken 6:50 to download all of it.

Is 13.13mb a good expectation for 15mb service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

CorkMan wrote: »
    924243711.png

That is the speed. I started the download of Ubuntu and it would have taken 6:50 to download all of it.

Yes, it's excellent. You aren't taking into account certain factors e.g. contention, congestion, quality of your line etc
    UPC wrote:
    Broadband speeds are the maximum possible speeds only. Actual speeds will vary depending on internet traffic, the sites you visit and other factors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

924243711.png

Some people on the 20meg package get less than 10 during contended hours. You're doing fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I am with UPC and normally get 1850KBPS. Lately 1400 has been the max. I got UPC on the 6th of august and downloaded 8GB a day for the first 12 days, but lately I have run out of stuff to download.

Anyone know what is happening?
    I presume you're talking about rapidshare? I'm on the 15mb pack with UPC also and my download speed would rarely go higher than 1750kbps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I presume you're talking about rapidshare? I'm on the 15mb pack with UPC also and my download speed would rarely go higher than 1750kbps.

Yes, rapidshare. I download from megaupload too. I use the megamanager as I have a premium account with them.

I was just wondering since I thought it was getting messed up. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

rapidshare limits your download speed on evey broadband proivder wouldnt worry about it your connection seems fine :)

jay93 wrote: »
    rapidshare limits your download speed on evey broadband proivder wouldnt worry about it your connection seems fine :)

Please, don't talk nonsense.

Please, don't talk nonsense.

what are you on about?
    how am i talking nonsense please enlighten me with whatever you have to say?????????????????
    rapidshare does limit speeds on all isp's and that is a fact it even says it on their site..if you buy an account with them you can get the max speed that your connection will allow

jay93 wrote: »
    what are you on about?
    how am i talking nonsense please enlighten me with whatever you have to say?????????????????
    rapidshare does limit speeds on all isp's and that is a fact it even says it on their site..if you buy an account with them you can get the max speed that your connection will allow

Rapidshare do not limit ISPs, they limit connection speeds for free users - there is a major difference. There was absolutely no indication that you were speaking about people using free rapidshare.

If you didn't muddle your words, perhaps causing confusion for the lesser informed, then I wouldn't have needed to get involved here.

• Advertisement

Rapidshare do not limit ISPs, they limit connection speeds for free users - there is a major difference. There was absolutely no indication that you were speaking about people using free rapidshare.

If you didn't muddle your words, perhaps causing confusion for the lesser informed, then I wouldn't have needed to get involved here.

ooook no need to be an ass about it :mad::mad:
    i did say they limit speeds on every isp i didnt say they limit isps !!!!!!

Advertisement