Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Tag in Limerick

• 22-08-2010 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

I was out at the Limerick Show Today and the Kids had a go of the Laser Tag that was out there. It was really good and they had a ball.

The Company doing it were Called Ultimate Promotions and were really helpful and good with the Lads.

I just think its great to see new Ideas coming along and the fact that they can come to your back garden and set this up for Parties etc is great! I know that I will be calling them for the next party at our place! Its safe for kids from 8 up as there is no contact involved and the ballpark prices I got were very resonable!

Just felt like putting this up to let people know that it's available I have no Link with them before someone asks but with Entertainment for 13 and 15 Year Olds at a very low supply I wanted to post that there is something new available!

:cool:

IMGP8611.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I wonder do they have a web site.

Nice clear photo as usual CCSL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Sounds ideal for an 11yo B/day party I've coming up, any contact details....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

The web address is actually in the photo if i had looked properly!

its Ultimate Promotions

the contact details are on the site,

The nutter on the left in the pic is mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I thought the woman in the background was on a quadbike. Oh what it is to be blonde :p

Great find CCSL ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Nockz wrote: »
    I thought the woman in the background was on a quadbike. Oh what it is to be blonde :p

I had that blonde moment as well .... and I'm bald !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Looks like fun and reasonable prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

oh man that brings back some memories. we had a set of these guns years ago in the High stool. After hours we'd split into two teams and have a full scale war throughout the building; the pub, the pool hall, the snooker room etc, was crazy. These are a great laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I had laser tag guns as a kid, they looked sleeker and more futuristic "at the time" than any of the other ones on the market, they even had a cartoon series.

Had Photon gun too, they were more powerful like a flash from a camera rather than a tiny pulse.

Few years back bought the shocking light guns, where when
    you shot your opponent they got an electric shock from the gun. great laugh at parties.

The Laser tag is a great idea for kids and parties where they can bring it to your door rather than you needing to travel someplace.

(when the kids get older....and even for the big kids they could also try Airsoft which is available
    in Limerick as an alternative to paintball or lasertag)
    ~B

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭drdoon

Has anyone had Ultimate promotions do a mobile laser combat party for them? I know this gig was at the races. But I wonder if anyone has had them do a party? Surely the prices will be different for a private party. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Did laser tag before and definitely wouldn't recommend it. Found that paintballing was a million times better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Depends on what your needs are I suppose.
    got to also consider Age, Safety and Price and if you travel to
    their venue or the convenience of them setting something up at your venue.

An Adult may find Laser Tag Boring but paint ball fun, and a kid may
    find the opposite.

A Parent may not want their 8 or 10 year old to go paintballing with a 14j marker and come back with bruises and welts on their body.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

bullets wrote: »
    Depends on what your needs are I suppose.
    got to also consider Age, Safety and Price and if you travel to
    their venue or the convenience of them setting something up at your venue.

An Adult may find Laser Tag Boring but paint ball fun, and a kid may
    find the opposite.

A Parent may not want their 8 or 10 year old to go paintballing with a 14j marker and come back with bruises and welts on their body.

~B

True!

Laser tag would be far more suitable for kids than paintballing, much safer.

yes I see your point about paintballing. As far as I am aware the minimum age for paintballing is 14 in Ireland, correct? So th fact that the minimum age for laser tag is 8 lets a alot younger kids join in the action.
    My understanding is that laser tag is alot more realistic YIKES!!! BY that I mean they can shoot over huge distances and you don't jave to be a few metres away to hit an opponent. So could be good fun for adults too in the right environment. A good laugh as apposed to painful I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 liverfan10

drdoon wrote: »
    Has anyone had Ultimate promotions do a mobile laser combat party for them? I know this gig was at the races. But I wonder if anyone has had them do a party? Surely the prices will be different for a private party. :pac:
    I didn't but I asked the guy and it was 200 euro for 2 and a half hours

OK sounds interesting and cheap! If you go play at a venue its going to be €30 - €40p per session, per person. How many people get to play I wonder?

Advertisement