Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs. Liverpool Match Thread 20.00 KO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nasty Nigel is the dog's in the middle of the park.

Sounds like an Eastenders baddy.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

mike65 wrote: »
    After two game, God bless your foresight, Now the lotto numbers please.

niallo27, spare us your gloating.

Gloating are you for ****en real, I'm calling the way it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

People getting on hodgsons back already is disgraceful. Mascherano let us down big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

joe123 wrote: »
    Mascherano let us down big time.

Should loan him to a team in Azerbaijan...Prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

It's frightening to think that City have the likes of Adebayor and David Silva on the bench.

Best of luck to them though, any club would love to be in the same position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I think your husband needs his own account we're hearing so much from him :pac:

:D

I might have to get him to make one as he keeps annoying me to post his thoughts!!!

Jo and Zabaleta to come on for Yaya Toure and Tevez......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

eh Mascherano isn't playing? how is he responsible for this shambolic performance? players and manager have to accept the blame for this embarrasment.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Should loan him to a team in Azerbaijan...Prick.

Here comes the http://nittanywhiteout.com/Old%20files/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/train-wreck.jpg

Choo choo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Roy's sh!tty away record continues!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

rarnes1 wrote: »

Dont be so patronising.

ntlbell wrote: »
    a liverpool fan commented on something liverpool fans were doing, I added a comment.

"discussion forum"

Right ok, nice, I think your really funny anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Mr Alan wrote: »
    eh Mascherano isn't playing?.

is that not the point?

letting your team mates down in on the bigger games of the season?

weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

eh Mascherano isn't playing? how is he responsible for this shambolic performance? players and manager have to accept the blame for this embarrasment.

Alan city are a far superior team than us we would be lucky to get two of our players in that side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Camera cut away but it didn't look like Sammy lee or Hodgson jumped to shake Jovanic's (sp?) hand like they did with Torres wonder if they are worried he might reconsider his options?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I wonder if this match may serve as an early wake up call for some sections of the Liverpool support as to how potentially f*cked the club may be this season?

There were a decent number of people of the opinion that Rafa Benitez was the one person in the club's upper echelons who was preventing a car crash rather than causing one.

Before the season started I figured on 3 points from the first five or six matches. I still cling to the hope I was wrong.

The rot caused by unsuitable and dangerous owners may take a long time to fix. I suspect we may need to steel ourselves for more of this this season. For some reason I fear we may not travel well.

• Advertisement

Carrara the pick of our players tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Are you for real? One of our top players won't play when he's still contracted to the club? Of course team and manager have to shoulder the blame but to just exempt mascherano like that is truly baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Dunno about that, he was nowhere near Barry for the first. Somebody shoudl have been on him and he looked to be the closest man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I wonder will we get taken a little more seriously after this.

Doubtful.

The Sheikh will have enjoyed that performance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

lost 3-0 and deserved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well done City.

Superior in every department.

Attitude
    Skill
    Heart
    Effort
    Teamwork
    Tactics

Am gutted with the result, but cannot deny that it was a well deserved scoreline that could have been worse for my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We sacked Rafa for this? Brilliant.

But now we got a good old British manager, and can go back to a "proper" 4 - 4 - 2, and can play Gerrard in his "best" position. Isn't it great! :rolleyes:

Rubbish tonight. We set ourselves out far too open. Poor tactics, no real fluency, didn't keep the ball properly or build spells of dominance when it mattered. Beat all ends up. Disheartening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Well done Man City. Well deserved win.

Long season in store for Liverpool.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Doubtful.

Dunno, Liverpool were shocking tonight, not to take anything away from City's performance but there was nothing encouraging about Liverpool's display tonight. The 3 goals were as much an indictment of Liverpool's ability as a promotion of City's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Doubtful.
    Biggest problem is going to be keeping everyone happy I mean where could you put super Mario in that team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

spockety wrote: »
    I wonder if this match may serve as an early wake up call for some sections of the Liverpool support as to how potentially f*cked the club may be this season?

There were a decent number of people of the opinion that Rafa Benitez was the one person in the club's upper echelons who was preventing a car crash rather than causing one.

Before the season started I figured on 3 points from the first five or six matches. I still cling to the hope I was wrong.

The rot caused by unsuitable and dangerous owners may take a long time to fix. I suspect we may need to steel ourselves for more of this this season. For some reason I fear we may not travel well.

I'd be surprised if Liverpool have a performance like that again this season. It's the second game, and they were never going to be challenging for the title anyway.
    I think Liverpool's performance made Citeh look better than the possibly are, but as I said it's early days.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Doubtful.

If your in the mix at Christmas.............

As good as you looked tonight you looked as bad last week.

Dissapointing but hey nobodys died, most teams will get turned over there.
    Once again full marks to the fans can't think of any set of supporters singing at the end after witnessing that shambles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Carrara the pick of our players tonight

Gerrard did what he could also, but the formation was all wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

SAF is a worried man Id say, I have to say City were a riot tonight.

Arsenal, Chelsea and United would all be a bit worried, I dont think spurs have any chance of winning the league. so Arsenal, City and Chelsea/Utd the only team in it id say.

I'm not looking forward to us playing City on Sunday :pac:

Dunno, Liverpool were shocking tonight, not to take anything away from City's performance but there was nothing encouraging about Liverpool's display tonight.

Thanks, parade is firmly pissed on.
    Villain wrote: »
    Biggest problem is going to be keeping everyone happy I mean where could you put super Mario in that team?

Plenty of room when injuries kick in like they already have at the back.
    adox wrote: »
    If your in the mix at Christmas.............

As good as you looked tonight you looked as bad last week.

And we still came away from a place where we usually lose (3-0 last season) with a point).

If we grind out results like that we'll have changed.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Well I reluctantly enjoyed that. 2 goals for my man Tevez (sorry gosplan, but that was an awesome FF comeback :)) and a good game to go with me pint. Plenty better than I expected. Very impressive debut from Milner and Barry would be my MOTM.

The result flattered City though I thought, Liverpool really ought to have scored at least one; but it was very clinical all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    But now we got a good old British manager, and can go back to a "proper" 4 - 4 - 2, and can play Gerrard in his "best" position. Isn't it great! :rolleyes:

Rubbish tonight. We set ourselves out far too open. Poor tactics, no real fluency, didn't keep the ball properly or build spells of dominance when it mattered. Beat all ends up. Disheartening.

Would you have been singing the Rafa Benitez song with the travelling fans tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Its frightening the strenght City have. If they get some momentum built who knows what might happen. Milner will prove their best signing, class act.

We're on a different stratosphere to where we should be. If we finished seventh last year it could be worse this term. A club like Liverpool should not be making a profit on transfers. It's an absolute shambolic farce whats happening at our club

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Match 2 and Roy is already getting a roasting from some pool fans :confused:

Mach screwed ye, Joe Cole wasn't available, Im sure Torres isn't really match fit yet...

Ye played against a superior City team tonight, many other decent clubs are gonna find themselves in the same position as ye after playin City. With funds like he has at his disposal it was only a matter of time before Mancini started gettin it right.

Well done City. No complaints with that result. 3-0 was about right.

A serious force to be reckoned with. I'm tipping them for a title challenge, just because of the squad at their disposal. A bit rash after 2 games maybe but money buys the best and it's starting to show.

Liverpool were poor.

Centre midfield was outplayed. It was obvious though after 2 mins it was gonna happen.

3>>>2.

Roy should've changed it imo. A lesson learned tonight I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Good win tonight... Im delighted...Thought we might struggle... Torres scores and makes it 2-1 could have been a different game.

Still sense we could conceed at any time...

In terms of the season?? Get off it we're two games in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Whats the deal with Masch ? Was he left out to finalise a transfer or has he refused to play or something else ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Dissapointing but hey nobodys died, most teams will get turned over there.
    Once again full marks to the fans can't think of any set of supporters singing at the end after witnessing that shambles

Fully agree with the second part. But can't abide the first bit. Liverpool did not get beat by more than two goals even once last season - despite it being a terrible year all round.

The towel was thrown in tonight. It reminded me of some dark old days under the last couple of British managers we had to be honest. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Arsenal, Chelsea and United would all be a bit worried.

city had 2 yes two shots on target in the whole game :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Arsenal, Chelsea and United would all be a bit worried, I dont think spurs have any chance of winning the league. so Arsenal, City and Chelsea/Utd the only team in it id say.

I know it's been said before but...... Two games in. Loads of assumptions in your post based on one match. City were good tonight but not outstanding. Liverpool were very poor.

Champions league place should be Citys goal this season IMO with anything more being a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Milner looked good and the swap for Ireland plus some arab dollars looks like a shrewd move given than the money side of it isn't really of any consequence to city.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Liverpool were very poor tonight. Take nothing away from city though. Johnson and Tevez were excellent.

I think it shows how poorly equipped we are at left back though. Agger is not good enough when he has to play against someone like Johnson and Jovanovich gave him no protection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Doubtful.

well, i was impressed. Particularly with Johnson, as i always am.

But really, against a poor Liverpool side, who looked lost once your second goal went in, how many really good chances did you create? Not many. And actually not that many more than Liverpool, despite completely dominating them

Three shots on target, three goals.

Efficient

Would you have been singing the Rafa Benitez song with the travelling fans tonight?

Should we pretend everything is ok though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

rafa would have been quick to match city in midfield, hodgson never changed it whole 90 mins,
    he's laying for the law, this is how we play, get with the program!
    but we didnt tonight,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Fully agree with the second part. But can't abide the first bit. Liverpool did not get beat by more than two goals even once last season - despite it being a terrible year all round.

The towel was thrown in tonight. It reminded me of some dark old days under the last couple of British managers we had to be honest. :(

Here we go, bring back Benitez brigade gets cranking. Don't suppose you watched the game against Chelsea last year? We threw in the towel there pretty quickly. Who was in charge then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement