Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs. Liverpool Match Thread 20.00 KO

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool:

Reina,
    Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger,
    Kuyt, Gerrard, Lucas, Jovanovic
    Torres, Ngog.

Subs: Jones, Aurelio, Pacheco, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Babel, Poulsen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

mike65 wrote: »
    Shouldn't you be cheering on an IRISH team? ;)
    I of course meant Drogheda united. :L

MAN CITY v LIVERPOOL:

Man City:
    Hart, Richards, Toure, Kompany, Lescott, De Jong, Toure Yaya, Barry, Milner, Adam Johnson, Tevez.

Subs: Given, Zabaleta, Wright-Phillips, Adebayor, Silva, Vieira, Jo.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Agger, Jovanovic, Gerrard, Lucas, Kuyt, Torres, Ngog.

Subs: Jones, Aurelio, Pacheco, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Babel, Poulsen.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

You'd swear Liverpool were the home team going by the respective line-ups.

Hope Liverpool stuff City despite a couple from Tevez. Realistically though it'll be a 1-1 draw if we're lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Where's LuckyLloyd? I may have a use for some 'Haterz gonna hate' gifs later on.

That's a pretty attacking lineup from Roy.

There could be a fair few goals in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Mascherano blatently has no respect for Liverpool, yet a lot of their fans are still referring to him as if he's some sort of Liverpool legend.

Strange, IMO.

Mascherano blatently has no respect for Liverpool, yet a lot of their fans are still referring to him as if he's some sort of Liverpool legend.

Strange, IMO.

Go away, you have nothing of any value or insight to offer this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I wonder at any point will Sky Sports stop discussing the Utd-Fulham match and actually discuss something of tonights match FFS.............:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Strange, IMO.

yup did roy say "i don't know where he is?"

Absloutle complete dis-respect from masch.

milner the week before going to city played for villa like his life depended on it scores a goal.

masch off tanning himself somewhere

disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I wonder at any point will Sky Sports stop discussing the Utd-Fulham match and actually discuss something of tonights match FFS.............:mad:

We had to suffer listening about the Arsenal v Liverpool game last week, it's a different time for the Last Word I'd say.

Get over it.:P

Have to laugh at Andy Gray on Sky Sports on the little bit of astro turf prancing about the TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

That is some bench alright! Best not to look at Liverpool's ...

Have to laugh at Andy Gray on Sky Sports on the little bit of astro turf prancing about the TV

really is embarrasing sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Has anyone got a lend of a spoon ?

I think I'd rather scoop my eyeballs out than watch the bromance between Gray and Keys developing.

This new MNF thing isn't working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Fair play to Woy, well able for the media, taking no shit.
    Liverpool will do well under him in the league.

baz2009 wrote: »
    We had to suffer listening about the Arsenal v Liverpool game last week, it's a different time for the Last Word I'd say.

Get over it.:P

I'm a bag of nerves baz......Don't start me!!!;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

In fairness have you seen the Liverpool thread on here lately, you wouldn't know the Premiership had started.

ntlbell wrote: »
    really is embarrasing sometimes

It sure is:D

• Advertisement

Go away, you have nothing of any value or insight to offer this thread.

Why's that?

I commented about a player having total disrespect for a club but not getting any grief from that clubs supporters over said disrespect.

I have a right to comment just as much as you do. If you disagree with my comment I'd like to hear some 'value or insight' from you as to why exactly you disagree.

Stop trying to change the subject.

Mascherano obviously has no respect for Liverpool and it is strange that the clubs fans still seem to think he's a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fancy City to win this now after seeing the lineups and formations. Plus I think there will be plenty of goals looking at the Liverpool line up/formation.

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    This new MNF thing isn't working.

I agree 100%.

It's absolutley cringeworthy.

Strange, IMO.

You aren't very good at this ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Strange, IMO.

???:confused:

Roy has said he didn't pick him.

Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Mr Alan wrote: »

Simple.

And why didn't Roy pick him ?

• Advertisement

Simple.

Come on Al, I know you like to tow the party line but it's clearly not that simple.

If he was a City player he'd have already been hung drawn and quartered for being a mercenary.

Simple.

oh come on ffs

why? because is "head isn't right" wtf?

stop defending the indefensible. for once.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson: "I don't know where he (Javier Mascherano) is but he's not here, that's for sure. His mind wasn't right so it wasn't right to select him. Hopefully, I will be able to select him in the future. There's plenty of interest in him but our position remains the same - until we get an offer that matches our valuation we won't sell. I'm sure it'll be sorted one way or another soon."

Simple.

I think the majority of fans know exactly what has happened.

Come on, you know well that Mascherano wouldn't be left out of a Liverpool squad if he was willing to play.

The reports of him refusing to play and then this 'excuse' from Hodgson that he didn't pick him are a bit of a coincidence.

Most Liverpool fans refer to Mascherano as one of their best players, Hodgson picked him last week and according to the Liverpool fans he did very well.

Why then, would Hodgson just not pick him? Alan, you know well that he has refused to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Come on Al, I know you like to tow the party line but it's clearly not that simple.

If he was a City player he'd have already been hung drawn and quartered for being a mercenary.
    Lmao, City squad is obviously full of mercenaries.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lmao, City squad is obviously full of mercenaries.

I never said it wasn't :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Have decided I want to see City get hammered. At least pool are gonna go for it. Besides I like Woy.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You aren't very good at this ;)

Aye, the typical response from you when you've got no decent response to a comment made by myself.

You'll have to think of a new response soon as that one is getting boring now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

God Mancini, how ****ing negative can you get. 3 central midfielders who are best described as defensive midfielders. Another central midfielder on the right wing and a classic hugging the line left sided midfielder on the left, with a withdrawn striker up front.

Starting at home this defensive is just not good enough imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Hopefully Mancini will have Barry at least try and get forward rather than play as an out and out DMC.. In fairness in a few of our pre season games it did look like he was tryin to get Barry to play higher up, leading to Barry scoring against Valencia.. But i fear for it!

I never said it wasn't :confused:
    No I was just laughing at what you said when you consider the amount of mercenaries in the City squad at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Not by me they wouldn't.

If he refused to play, thats ****, no doubt, but until the manager or someone in a position to know, and not Richard Keys, says thats what happened, i'll stick with what the manager says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Put a few Euro on over 2.5 goals at decent odds but that everyone keeps talking about loads of goals it will prob be 0-0

mancini to get the boot by november.

you heard it here first.

what a negative line up with the amount of talent they have.

Aye, the typical response from you when you've got no decent response to a comment made by myself.

You'll have to think of a new response soon as that one is getting boring now :rolleyes:

:)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Villain wrote: »
    Put a few Euro on over 2.5 goals at decent odds but that everyone keeps talking about loads of goals it will prob be 0-0
    Hope you're right, I've been looking forward to a pint and a good game of football all day.

eagle eye wrote: »
    No I was just laughing at what you said when you consider the amount of mercenaries in the City squad at the moment.

And they'd get the treatment if they refused to play while holding out for a move. Mascherano will be lauded in some corners despite this by the same fans who would lynch one of City's many mercenaries, which was my point.

Not by me he wouldn't.

If he refused to play, thats ****, no doubt, but until the manager or someone in a position to know, and not Richard Keys, says thats what happened, i'll stick with what the manager says.

But come on sometimes you have to just accept whats going on.. It is plain as day!

you heard it here first.

We heard it everywhere months ago tbh

I cudda swore we had a dedicated Mascharano thread somewhere...

Sheikh Mansour has entered the building

We heard it everywhere months ago tbh

December you heard, never november :D

the 15th! how about that! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Milner was picked and played very well along with scoring while City were in the middle of buying him, Hodgson would have picked him if he "wanted" to play imo

I cudda swore we had a dedicated Mascharano thread somewhere...

so no talk of lucas, now masch, any other liverpool players you don't want discussed?

ffs

And they'd get the treatment if they refused to play while holding out for a move. Mascherano will be lauded in some corners despite this by the same fans who would lynch one of City's many mercenaries, which was my point.
    I took it that you meant City fans would do this not fans of other clubs. I just find the thought of City fans doing this awfully funny given whats been going on there over the last 2 1/2 seasons.

• Advertisement

you heard it here first.

I know they're defensive but De Jong and Yaya are also talented would it still not be a waste of talent if they were on the bench!?

Advertisement