Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brussels Charleroi airport transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Now that I am wise and learned in the ways of Charleroi, I say unto thee, that we didst stay in the Ibis in Charleroi town on the evening prior. This was good because:

a) It was fairly cheap at 50 quid
    b) It was right across from the train station
    c) They'd arrange a taxi to the airport at €14
    d) You could wander into the town around the corner and get a drink or a meal

If we'd gone to one of the "airport hotels" like the Ibis airport (not to be confused with the Charleroi centre one) or Aero 44 it would have meant (for us) taxi from train station to hotel in evening, and from hotel to airport in morning, and maybe not so much wandering into town. Not that Charleroi is particularly beautiful, but it does have watering holes etc.

So that's my advice, and it mightn't suit you, but then again it might. Our flight was 0715, which would have been tough going on the airport bus from Brussels centre, I think.

Advertisement