Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Band/Group/Comedian/Person Would You Like To See In UL This Year?

Options
  • 22-08-2010 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭

Simples; as the title says what ents would you like to see?

In terms of Bands; I'd love to see Corona's and Two Door Cinema Club playing.

Comedians; David O'Doherty. Saw him with Flight of the Conchords and thought he was hilarious.

Person; I'd love to see Morgan Kelly from UCD guest speak. The guy knows a lot about the state we're in and how to get us out of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

Tiny Tempah,The Corona's,Neil Delamere,Tommy Tiernan,Andrew Maxwell,Rubberbandits,Pendulum...thats all off the top off my head Tiny Tempah would be class if we could get someone like him for rag week but it wont happen !!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Two Door Cinema Club would be unreal!!Coronas no thanks they have played everywhere in this country!Would we have any chance of getting The Script?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Would we have any chance of getting The Script?

Not a hope I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Of the Irish bands which might be possible:
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Fight Like Apes (I know they played here last year but they were unreal)
    Fighting With Wire

A few acts from farther a field that are ranging from probably unrealistic to never going to happen :
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    Brandon Flowers
    Delpic
    The Drums
    Editors
    Explosions In The Sky
    Foals
    Friendly Fires
    Klaxons
    Los Campesinos!
    Mumford and Sons
    Pixie Lott
    The Saturdays
    White Lies

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Just got accepted into UL,so delighted.I'd love to see Zombie Cops or Mumford and Sons there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

+1 on Munford and Son, Paulo Nutini

Michael McIntyre, Des Bishop

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Joy Division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

ill be starting in september too :)

id like to see two door cinema club or tinie tempah!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

+1 for David O'Doherty, he is brilliant. Went to see him in dolans earlier in the year and it was class. The guy who supported Neil Delamere last year was very funny, he would be good a the headline tho probably wouldnt sell out. Colm Murphy is probably not going to come back after last years fiasco but I'd love to see him again. Ed Byrne too.

Mumford and Sons would be good as would Heirs to Nothing.
    Id really really love to see Newton Faulkner here (AND I WILL :D:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

entropic wrote: »
    Colm Murphy is probably not going to come back after last years fiasco but I'd love to see him again.

What happened?

But OMG SERIOUSLY PEOPLE......guess who I have on very good authority is playing in UL this coming year

The Blizzard's :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Dylan Moran :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    What happened?

There was a mix up in the advertising of the gig and the Jean Monnet(or whichever one is under the ski slopes) wasn't even half full which he was aggrieved at since he drove down from Dublin

Dylan Moran would be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Unrealistically: Dara O Brian
    Possibility: Des Bishop!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bobo the clown

What happened?

But OMG SERIOUSLY PEOPLE......guess who I have on very good authority is playing in UL this coming year

They're like my favourite band!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jellybabies

Dara O' Brian, Tommy Tiernan, andreA Maxwell, Neil Delamare, a filming of the Panel from UL :D

Music: The Coronas' Florence & the Machine, Mumford & Sons, The Script :D

youve got to be taking the piss them boys have moved on and theres no such thing as the blizzards anymore

they've gone there seperate ways (new band http://www.longfordleader.ie/whats-on-guide/House-Party-live-at-Cartown.6416394.jp)

got shelfed by label

youve got to be taking the piss them boys have moved on and theres no such thing as the blizzards anymore

they've gone there seperate ways (new band http://www.longfordleader.ie/whats-on-guide/House-Party-live-at-Cartown.6416394.jp)

got shelfed by label

This only really works with 3rd years or 4th years. The Blizzards played in UL about 35 times in the last 4/5 years, to a smaller and less interested crowd with each visit

This only really works with 3rd years or 4th years. The Blizzards played in UL about 35 times in the last 4/5 years, to a smaller and less interested crowd with each visit

yeah they really went downhill...never was a massive fan but they do put on a good live show in fairness!..:D

well Brezzy did...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The Blizzards played about 6 times in the last 4 years
    Unrealistically: Dara O Brian
    Possibility: Des Bishop!
    Dara O'Briain isn't unrealistic, but expecting students to pay the ticket price is and that's the only thing hampering a gig like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

When would these actually be on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

65daysofstatic, Adebisi Shank, And So I Watch You From Afar or Fred. Trying to keep it somewhat realisitic. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Jako8 wrote: »
    And So I Watch You From Afar

Yeah I hope music soc manage to get the to come one of the only modern bands I would bother with.

ninty9er wrote: »

You would expect any UL student to have the brains to know I was messing there.

Keep nit-picking away there like a good lad, i'm sure it makes you happy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Thank fcuk we won't be having The Blizzards again, glad to see the back of their completely average music.

Anything decent imo would either be too big or would not draw a crowd, especially the UL crowd. As a whole we seem to delight in the banal.

Mike Slott, Hudson Mohawke, Flying Lotus, Rustie, Benga, some other electronica & dubstep heads are what I'd love to see. Something different. Massive Attack would be absolutely impossible but unbelievable :cool:

You would expect any UL student to have the brains to know I was messing there.

Keep nit-picking away there like a good lad, i'm sure it makes you happy

So i got a warning for the top post. Did he get a warning for nit picking at my post which was obviously messing? Does that count as a breach of the peace?

You know, sometimes your friends and the experienced posters can be as guilty as the newcomers. You would think, Sceptre, that as a mod that you would want to keep the newcomers on the site rather than driving them away

Dara O'Briain isn't unrealistic, but expecting students to pay the ticket price is and that's the only thing hampering a gig like that.

I'd pay for Dara O' Briain. He's a genius!
    Jako8 wrote: »
    65daysofstatic, Adebisi Shank, And So I Watch You From Afar or Fred. Trying to keep it somewhat realisitic. :p

With you on the first two bud, not heard much of the lattter two. Seen Adebisi Shank a while ago, great band in a small venue.

So i got a warning for the top post. Did he get a warning for nit picking at my post which was obviously messing? Does that count as a breach of the peace?

You know, sometimes your friends and the experienced posters can be as guilty as the newcomers. You would think, Sceptre, that as a mod that you would want to keep the newcomers on the site rather than driving them away

You got a warning? Ah lads... There's modding and then there's being rather precious about nonentities... Chillax :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 johnjoesim

Bell x1 would be great and maybe possible??

CiaranMT wrote: »
    You got a warning? Ah lads... There's modding and then there's being rather precious about nonentities... Chillax :pac:

The funny thing is that it's not even that warning that i'm annoyed about. He gave me a warning for a post 10 times more harmless in the accommodation thread at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Come on lads keep it on topic; if you've issues discuss it with the mod.

If we're talking about dream bands then Flight of the Conchords without a doubt. Wouldn't mind seeing Delorentos again; thought they were really good the time they played.

Advertisement