Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Jelly SMS

• 22-08-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Having a problem with Jelly whereby sometimes when i am typing or sending a message a delivery report pops up behind it from a uk number. Its someth to do with apple facetime but it has happened 3 times today and each time just as i opened Jelly - has anyone any idea what that's about? The first time i thought its a coincidence with Jelly but not after the third time. Just got the phone today Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

You can knock FaceTime off in your settings...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Everytime you use FaceTime you incur a text charge to a uk number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

the screen your showing looks like the text from iphondelivery, did you install that from cydia ? the iphone doesnt give delivery reports by default

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

iPwnage wrote: »
    the screen your showing looks like the text from iphondelivery, did you install that from cydia ? the iphone doesnt give delivery reports by default

Yes iPw it's iphone delivery. So what i do is open Jelly, send a text and next thing in the background iphone delivery pops up with the delivery message to the UK number. Happened 3 times yesterday each time when i used Jelly even though i have face time turned off in the settings - weird eh? Hasn't happened at all today....yet!

Hi guys anyone any idea at all? I've the facetime thing disabled in the phone settings. Its just started happening again as soon as i use jelly. Very fooking annoying. I'm gonna have to stop using jelly until i get it sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

strange , i have both installed without any conflict, i have facetime disabled in settings

i downloaded it for my first iphone 4 - handed that back - got may new iphone resynced with itunes and put it on the second iphone 4- could that be the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Sorry but I can't diagnose a jailbroken iPhone.

From reading on the web there have been lots of FaceTime issues on jailbroken iPhones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Seen as its relatively new maybe an option to Restore as new phone

Get image/copy of OS4.01 from iclarified and put it on desktopand use press shift on pc and restore on iTunes together to allow you to do restore from pc rather than iTunes

Meh - might just uninstall and reinstall see if that helps any as i didnt actually install this from the app store but synced it with my computer. Your phone is JB iPw?

• Advertisement

Install Jelly from the App Store and see if that helps

No joy uninstalled and reinstalled :( same thing - it seems to time stamp it wrong too this one just sent when i tried another jelly text

I don't see how this could possibly be related to Jelly SMS. When you first open Jelly, it does a test to see if you're connected to the internet, so this could possibly trigger something weird to happen on a jailbroken iPhone.

If you uninstall Jelly, and connect to a website in Safari, does this Facetime delivery report occur again?

Uninstalled Jelly, ran safari, facebook, messages etc and no facetime text occurred. I'll put jelly back on again but there's definitely some mismatch between jelly and possibly JB phones

Just reinstalled with these settings attached and instantly another facetime text. I've tried it with country code Ireland and off and no difference. I hope o2 don't charge for these cos i'm up to about 15 now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

corklad32 wrote: »
    Just reinstalled with these settings attached and instantly another facetime text. I've tried it with country code Ireland and off and no difference. I hope o2 don't charge for these cos i'm up to about 15 now!
    yeah they do, and its about 23 cent a text

I guess the point here is no matter how safe it looks, jailbreaking is unpredictable and cannot be supported. I've had no reports of this happening on non-jailbroken iPhones.

(P.S. I had my own iPhone jailbroken last week and I didn't see this issue)...

guil wrote: »
    yeah they do, and its about 23 cent a text

Not correct.

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/iPhone/FaceTime-SMS-Charges/m-p/141872#M44133

Actually one of the reasons i suspect that most people JB or non JB don't know about the facetime messages whether using jelly or facebook etc is because a lot don't have iphone delivery installed. Even if you do have it installed unless its set to flash you will never know you're phone is silently sending these messages and from reading through the blogs it's a general problem with the iphone rather than any specific app. It's just in my case i noticed that when in jelly they were triggered but as long as i'm not being charged and i have now changed my delivery report from flash to discreet i will never see them again - that's the theory anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah i know i spotted the post after i replied but they did and u was charged a couple of times for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Sorry to thread HiJack. I got a problem with my Jelly SMS when I am sending a message and I click on a previously sent one in the history to send another, it opens a new text and I have to re-add the person's name. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Sorry to thread HiJack. I got a problem with my Jelly SMS when I am sending a message and I click on a previously sent one in the history to send another, it opens a new text and I have to re-add the person's name. Any ideas?

Yes, this is a known bug that I'm looking into at the moment. I should have a fix soon. Thanks.

I've fixed this bug and submitted version 3.0.8 to Apple for review. It should be available in the next few days hopefully!

fbradyirl wrote: »
    I've fixed this bug and submitted version 3.0.8 to Apple for review. It should be available in the next few days hopefully!

Hey man, just so you know the 3.0.8 did not fix the reply to name issue. It's still present.

Bummer. And you're sure you're running 3.0.8 (In app Settings > About)?

I totally re-worked how that works so it should be working fine for you (works fine for me on my iPhone 4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Bummer. And you're sure you're running 3.0.8 (In app Settings > About)?

I totally re-worked how that works so it should be working fine for you (works fine for me on my iPhone 4)

No, Finbarr, I meant to add my voice to that too. It's still not working.

culabula wrote: »
    No, Finbarr, I meant to add my voice to that too. It's still not working.

Happening on both iPad and iPhone Eamonn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Happening on both iPad and iPhone Eamonn?

Just iPad, iPhone fine.

• Advertisement

So can you describe the exact steps you did on the iPad (so I'm not confused). Cheers...

Advertisement