Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Jelly SMS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Fbradyirl, it seems somewhat intermittent. It works sometimes and not others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

culabula wrote: »
    Just iPad, iPhone fine.

Eamonn how is that possible? Are u referring to the FaceTime SmS issue or the jelly not automatically filling in the number on reply issue??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

For what it's worth sometimes I get to send around 3 in succession to the same person during a chat without inputting the number but I have to type in the number after the 4th, this is on iPad and iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Eamonn how is that possible? Are u referring to the FaceTime SmS issue or the jelly not automatically filling in the number on reply issue??

Whoops, sorry. I was referring to the latter and I meant that it is only an issue on iPhone, never on iPad.

naasrd wrote: »
    For what it's worth sometimes I get to send around 3 in succession to the same person during a chat without inputting the number but I have to type in the number after the 4th, this is on iPad and iPhone.

Same here but only on iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

same here on iPhone

Working fine on iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Just wondering I have my jelly SMS nearly a month and have about 15 texts left on my three monthly allowance. When that goes down to 0 does jelly have to wait till next months allowance starts again , thanks.

decies wrote: »
    Just wondering I have my jelly SMS nearly a month and have about 15 texts left on my three monthly allowance. When that goes down to 0 does jelly have to wait till next months allowance starts again , thanks.

Yeah.

Of course, as Jelly is simply a conduit for webtext from any of the 4 networks that provide it. Mine were renewed yesterday morning.

• Advertisement

Guys regarding the 'number not filled in when replying to a conversation' issue, I have figured it out. It only occurs after you've sent at least one message in that screen.

I have fixed the bug and will submit to apple tonight after the footy finishes up...

Guys regarding the 'number not filled in when replying to a conversation' issue, I have figured it out. It only occurs after you've sent at least one message in that screen.

I have fixed the bug and will submit to apple tonight after the footy finishes up...

As it happens I was about to post that it's been working fine on my iPhone tonight. Sent numerous texts without a hitch.

My jelly SMS is showing 0 messages left for three, but its still sending SMS . What's the story ?

Well anybody lol ?

Well anybody lol ?

I sent dozens of SMS using Jelly/3 the other day without the counter decreasing. Suspect 3 webtexts are a bit dodge and we are the winners. OTOH, they may be charging any sent as webtexts without an amount left from your handset balance, as do O2.

My jelly SMS is showing 0 messages left for three, but its still sending SMS . What's the story ?

It's using the website in the backend, so you should see what happens when you try to send from three.ie

Be careful though, you may be charged for those SMS.

It's using the website in the backend, so you should see what happens when you try to send from three.ie

Be careful though, you may be charged for those SMS.

I just tried to send text via website,said have to wait for nexts months allowance :confused:

You may have just found a loophole then to send unlimited free texts. Congrats...

You should probably check your bill though to ensure you don't get charged for SMS over the limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I had upgraded from the free app to the paid for version via an in-app purchase. Earlier today I restored my phone and now I'm back to having the free version. Does anyone have an email address to contact JellySMS to find out how to rectify this? I can't see any contact details on the website. Same thing happened with some other apps that I had made in-app purchases with. You'd think Apple would have made sure that the copy of the app in iTunes would also have a record of any add-ons you made with in-app purchases!

Johnmb wrote: »
    I had upgraded from the free app to the paid for version via an in-app purchase. Earlier today I restored my phone and now I'm back to having the free version. Does anyone have an email address to contact JellySMS to find out how to rectify this? I can't see any contact details on the website. Same thing happened with some other apps that I had made in-app purchases with. You'd think Apple would have made sure that the copy of the app in iTunes would also have a record of any add-ons you made with in-app purchases!

Isn't all you have to do, just download Jelly full version? In any case, the author just posted above you, he'll sort it.

• Advertisement

No. Jelly SMS Free and Jelly SMS are 2 separate apps (in Apples eyes).

What you need to do is purchase the in-app upgrade again (within the free version) using the same iTunes account that you did previously. Then after you enter your password, you will see a message saying 'you have already purchased this item, press ok to download again for free'.

This is common and I've had a few people ask me about this recently. Don't worry, as long as you use the same iTunes account to do the same purchase, you won't be charged twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

No. Jelly SMS Free and Jelly SMS are 2 separate apps (in Apples eyes).

What you need to do is purchase the in-app upgrade again (within the free version) using the same iTunes account that you did previously. Then after you enter your password, you will see a message saying 'you have already purchased this item, press ok to download again for free'.

This is common and I've had a few people ask me about this recently. Don't worry, as long as you use the same iTunes account to do the same purchase, you won't be charged twice.
    That's great, thanks. You actually solved the same problem I had with a couple of other apps too! :D

No probs. Good luck! ;)

Sorry to thread HiJack. I got a problem with my Jelly SMS when I am sending a message and I click on a previously sent one in the history to send another, it opens a new text and I have to re-add the person's name. Any ideas?

This issue should now be fixed in the 3.0.9 release. Please check you are running that version in Jelly SMS Settings>About

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

This issue should now be fixed in the 3.0.9 release. Please check you are running that version in Jelly SMS Settings>About

Yes Sir it is fixed. Cheers!

Great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Is anyone else having problem with pro version lately, 8 text out of 10 are failed with message "There website may be unavailable" but if i send the message from eir text pro it sends straight away.

Can this be looked please?
    Thanks

deep1 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problem with pro version lately, 8 text out of 10 are failed with message "There website may be unavailable" but if i send the message from eir text pro it sends straight away.

Can this be looked please?
    Thanks

Which operator are you with? Also, which iPhone and software version are you on?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Which operator are you with? Also, which iPhone and software version are you on?

Thanks

Sorry with Three network.
    Using iPhone 4, software 4.1.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

deep1 wrote: »
    Sorry with Three network.
    Using iPhone 4, software 4.1.
    Thanks

It could be that SSL issue again. I just sent 5 SMS from my handset (same version as yours) and they came through fine. Could you try and toggle airplane mode on/off and try again please?

Advertisement