Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Jelly SMS

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

my other half is texting me using jelly ans it has a signiture saying "reply for free at ..........com" (cant remember the exact address).

any way to turn that off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Yeah the free version puts that on the end until the upgrade is purchased

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Yeah the free version puts that on the end until the upgrade is purchased

i was thinking that, but mine doesnt do it, but i cant remember if i actually bought the pro version for mine, i must of ?

Jelly SMS still not working for me on the meteor network.
    Will only work over wifi.

Anybody know what's goin on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

Is there a fix for this? Is there something on cydia that can make the phone think it's on wifi for the 3gs? I can't find tricker threeg anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

isup wrote: »
    Is there a fix for this? Is there something on cydia that can make the phone think it's on wifi for the 3gs? I can't find tricker threeg anymore

Have look at My3G.

Some people are having problems with Meteor over 3G. This issue is something Meteor has to sort out. See here for more info:

http://www.jellysms.com/blog/meteor-issues/

(basically it looks like Meteor are preventing login to their site when using their own network. Even login using Safari doesn't work, so apps like Jelly or EirText rely on this so they cannot work either until Meteor fix their issues.)

Also, anybody using Vodafone should see this thread:

http://www.jellysms.com/blog/vodafone-ireland-issue/

I've fixed the login issue caused by the Vodafone site changes on Sunday and you should have the update in the coming days when approved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

Thanks Nassrd looking into my3g now.
    And fbrady I use vodafone too. Thanks

one of the Meteor mods on their forum announced that its an iPhone problem that it cant log into their site.

is there anything i can about this or do i just have to live with it?

• Advertisement

I'd threaten to leave. If you can't do something basic like checking your account using (arguably the best) mobile browser on a device, then they don't deserve your business. Especially with an attitude like 'it's not a supported phone'.

I'd threaten to leave. If you can't do something basic like checking your account using (arguably the best) mobile browser on a device, then they don't deserve your business. Especially with an attitude like 'it's not a supported phone'.

but the thing is, i knew that before i bought an iPhone. im with Meteor 6 years and tbh i dont want an Android phone, i dont like them :)

i guess i just have to stick with the iPhone knowing my web texts cant be used :(

Actually the customer care rep said this here:

"In relation to not been able to log into mymeteor, any who’s having this issue can contact customer care and it should be able to be sorted quite quickly.

Thanks
    Christian"

< So you should contact them and tell them you cannot login to mymeteor. Then they should be able to fix it for you. Or am I missing something?

Actually the customer care rep said this here:

"In relation to not been able to log into mymeteor, any who’s having this issue can contact customer care and it should be able to be sorted quite quickly.

Thanks
    Christian"

< So you should contact them and tell them you cannot login to mymeteor. Then they should be able to fix it for you. Or am I missing something?

yes i can log in correctly on my pc or laptop. just not using safari on my iPhone 4.

kceire wrote: »
    yes i can log in correctly on my pc or laptop. just not using safari on my iPhone 4.

That's what you should say to customer care

That's what you should say to customer care

i'll chance my arm :)

Edit - Customer Care refreshed my password, but still not working :(

Ok so I've just logged into my meteor on my phone!
    Jellysms still not working though.

Should I:

Delete the app and reinstal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Vodafone ain't logging on to vodafone through jelly but can through safari.

The Vodafone issue is totally different and has been fixed in the next update. Please hold tight for a few more days and the update will be available in the App Store:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Jelly Sms is working now guys... downloaded new version and all is working perfect via Vodafone again!

• Advertisement

coco_lola wrote: »
    Jelly Sms is working now guys... downloaded new version and all is working perfect via Vodafone again!

dont know what Meteors problem is, but JellySMS is still down on the Meteor network :(

dont know what Meteors problem is, but JellySMS is still down on the Meteor network :(

Don't know if this relates to you, but this was blogged on 20th August:

Are you on Twitter? Try tweeting jellysms, that's what I did and they told me the story with the Vodafone issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

any news on the update to solve vodafone prob

The Vodafone issue has been fixed in version 3.1.1. Please update now in the App Store to get the fix.

If you still have a problem, please ensure that you can log into Vodafone.ie and your account isn’t locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

The Vodafone issue has been fixed in version 3.1.1. Please update now in the App Store to get the fix.

If you still have a problem, please ensure that you can log into Vodafone.ie and your account isn’t locked.

cheers finbar

coco_lola wrote: »
    Don't know if this relates to you, but this was blogged on 20th August:

Are you on Twitter? Try tweeting jellysms, that's what I did and they told me the story with the Vodafone issue.

agh ive been in touch with the lads alreay, seems to be either a handset problem or a meteor issue, i can even log into mymeteor on my handset over the network, only over WiFi.

agh ive been in touch with the lads alreay, seems to be either a handset problem or a meteor issue, i can even log into mymeteor on my handset over the network, only over WiFi.

Yeah, the blog said that alright, that if you can log into My Meteor site on the handset over Safari that it is an issue with Meteor, but if you can't, its an issue with the handset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Texts not being received when sent by three today !!!

Just web texts? I have to say, they have been a little slow to deliver the past day or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Stopped working on iPhone and iPad this morning. Keeps asking me to re enter my login details for Three.ie.

Advertisement