Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Jelly SMS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

naasrd wrote: »
    Stopped working on iPhone and iPad this morning. Keeps asking me to re enter my login details for Three.ie.

I just tested with my own Three account and it works fine. Are you definately using your webtext password (which is different to your My3 password)?

To re-enter your login details see our help here:
    http://www.jellysms.com/blog/how-to-editadd-profiles/

Let me know if you still have problems and I can look into it further for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Must have been a blip, I deleted the profiles on both, re entered password and all is good again.

Excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Excellent!

I think 3 website was acting up, as i had same trouble with eirtext pro too.
    Anyway can i request a feature, Is it possible to implement background sending and push notification to display "message sent", "message failed" etc?
    would be great, thanks

deep1 wrote: »
    I think 3 website was acting up, as i had same trouble with eirtext pro too.
    Anyway can i request a feature, Is it possible to implement background sending and push notification to display "message sent", "message failed" etc?
    would be great, thanks

Good idea and this is something I hope to have implemented very soon. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

Ive been charged twoce for buyin jellysms pro!? Who do i contact to get my money back?

sophie please see here for the answer:

http://www.jellysms.com/blog/charged-twice/

thanks im having trouble finding the report a probelm button ? where is this? thanks

Sorry looks like they've removed it. Report it here instead:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

I've also updated the blog post with that new link.

Thanks a mill fbradyirl! Hope it gets sorted soon! :-)

• Advertisement

deep1 wrote: »
    would be great, thanks

Deep, you're in for a treat. I've just implemented this and submitted to Apple. Keep an eye out for the update very soon. Thanks for giving me the kick up the bum I needed to do it.

20110122-104000.jpg

Deep, you're in for a treat. I've just implemented this and submitted to Apple. Keep an eye out for the update very soon. Thanks for giving me the kick up the bum I needed to do it.

Nice one, thanks again for listening, Looking forward to using new version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

No. Jelly SMS Free and Jelly SMS are 2 separate apps (in Apples eyes).

What you need to do is purchase the in-app upgrade again (within the free version) using the same iTunes account that you did previously. Then after you enter your password, you will see a message saying 'you have already purchased this item, press ok to download again for free'.

This is common and I've had a few people ask me about this recently. Don't worry, as long as you use the same iTunes account to do the same purchase, you won't be charged twice.

I was testing the free version of your app, liked it, and happy it was working well with vodafone so decided to purchase the full version. I had read on your blog about the free & full versions being two separate apps. Anyway I upgraded using the in app upgrade. It worked ok but I hate that after upgrading it I still have the icon for the free version & it is still named jsms free.

It's only a minor gripe but it bugs me having paid for it it still shows as free even though it's the full version. If I had know this I would have uninstailed the free version first & downloaded the full version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

NetNinja wrote: »
    I was testing the free version of your app, liked it, and happy it was working well with vodafone so decided to purchase the full version. I had read on your blog about the free & full versions being two separate apps. Anyway I upgraded using the in app upgrade. It worked ok but I hate that after upgrading it I still have the icon for the free version & it is still named jsms free.

It's only a minor gripe but it bugs me having paid for it it still shows as free even though it's the full version. If I had know this I would have uninstailed the free version first & downloaded the full version.

Then do it now: just delete it and re-download (for free) the version that you paid for.

culabula wrote: »
    Then do it now: just delete it and re-download (for free) the version that you paid for.

And get charged again, no?

Yes, you're right. You would get charged again as it's a separate app. I would not recommend that!

Hold tight, because in the next few weeks I will be updating the icon to remove the word 'Free' and I might remove 'Free' from the app title as well.

Yes, you're right. You would get charged again as it's a separate app. I would not recommend that!

Hold tight, because in the next few weeks I will be updating the icon to remove the word 'Free' and I might remove 'Free' from the app title as well.

Actually just removing free from the title would do it!
    Thanks

No problem.

It's a pity that Apple doesn't allow me to change the app title after an in-app purchase. If they did, it would be the best solution to do it then.

Leave it with me...

No problem.

It's a pity that Apple doesn't allow me to change the app title after an in-app purchase. If they did, it would be the best solution to do it then.

Leave it with me...

While you are at it, can i request another feature :)
    Can you allow typing of more than 160 character?
    thanks

Yep, that's on the todo list. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Don't forget you can grab the desktop version for free which already has support for greater than 160 character messages plus much more.

http://www.jellysms.com/desktop/

The Mac version has been re-designed from scratch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

So that explains why I was charged twice last year, mind you I got refunded why I enquired about it.

NetNinja wrote: »
    Actually just removing free from the title would do it!
    Thanks

Done! Download the latest Jelly SMS Free update. App is now called Jelly SMS.

Done! Download the latest Jelly SMS Free update. App is now called Jelly SMS.

Cool thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

The Vodafone issue is totally different and has been fixed in the next update. Please hold tight for a few more days and the update will be available in the App Store:

http://www.jellysms.com/blog/vodafone-ireland-issue/

I clicked on the link and all that's there is "Sorry, no posts matched your criteria" which is what I've been getting since the weekend.

I can see that JellySMS is logging in successfully but will send any messages from my Vodafone account, however if I go on to the Vodafone site I can send messages directly! I've checked my JellySMS profile and all is well. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Hi there, are you running on iPhone? I just tried my own Vodafone account and messages are sending ok for me on Jelly for iPhone.

Are you getting any error message?

Hi there, are you running on iPhone? I just tried my own Vodafone account and messages are sending ok for me on Jelly for iPhone.

Are you getting any error message?

Hi. Yes it's from the iPhone 3GS with 4.2.1 (not jailbroken).

I've deleted my profile from Jelly and re-entered the details. The error is

"Message could not be sent. The Vodafone.ie webtext service is currently unavailable. Try again shortly. If this problem persists visit our help page" but behind this message it says "Login ok. Sending...." but it doesn't send at all. Yet I can send directly from the Vodafone.ie website no problem.

There is nothing on their Help Page about Vodafone.ie login (see my post above).

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I literally just used JellySMS there (Vodafone) with no problems or errors.

I literally just used JellySMS there (Vodafone) with no problems or errors.

What format are you using for entering your phone number in your profile..are you using prefixes?

I've redone my profile a couple of times now but no joy. It just suddenly stopped working at the weekend without any intervention by me.

I have the paid for version BTW

• Advertisement

Big Tone wrote: »

There is nothing on their Help Page about Vodafone.ie login (see my post above).

I removed that page because that old Vodafone issue is fixed now.
    Big Tone wrote: »
    Any ideas?

Try logging into Vodafone.ie from Safari on your iPhone. If you can’t do this, then Jelly cannot work as it relies on access to the site.

Advertisement