Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daemos' Football Betting Log

Options
  • 22-08-2010 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭

Okay so the betting seems to be going pretty well so far for me in the early days of the season, so I'm setting up a log for all my bets.

I'll mainly be betting on English club matches (Premier League - League 2, and cup competitions) and UEFA competitions as well as internationals.

For reference here are all my previous bets this season, both winners and losers

Won: 1 2 3* 4 5 6

Lost: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

*Corner/goal bet won, handicap bet lost

I had another losing bet I didn't write here, screenshot attached as proof (I'm nothing if not honest ;))

My bet for tomorrow is:
    DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Man City to be winning at HT or FT, 10/11

I have the bet on, now I have to decide if I want to win it or not :o
    Despite the fact that the players haven't had much time to gel they are still a force to be reckoned with, especially at home. But they have a record of draws against Liverpool, which in itself might be worth a punt, but with these two teams that could be an unpredictable market. But City should put out a good performance, and (unfortunately) I think my above bet has a good chance.

So for anyone who wants to follow my log, good luck, hopefully I'll be able to make us both a bit of cash :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

can you move it to the correct forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

It's a football betting log, so following Pyro's example this is the right forum for it.

Well my Man City bet came through (unfortunately) so I'm up an extra couble of quid, hopefully I won't waste it midweek ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Yeah, no harm having the football threads in here. Keeps the section busier and there are quite a few other sports logs going on in the challenge/log section.

Best of luck with it boss.

Two bets on for tonight so far

West Ham are at home to Oxford in the Carling Cup, and you'd fancy them to get their first win in the bag tonight. There are a few tempting bets, but for me West Ham/West Ham at Half Time/Full Time at 10/11 seems the best value to me.

I also have a small gamble on Sporting Braga away to Sevilla. They had a good away record last season, and could give the home team a tougher challenge than the bookies are giving them credit for. Braga DNB at 6/1 seems like a massive price, and could be worth having a small bet on.

It's a football betting log, so following Pyro's example this is the right forum for it.

in your 1st post it was just a betting log

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    in your 1st post it was just a betting log
    I'll mainly be betting on English club matches (Premier League - League 2, and cup competitions) and UEFA competitions as well as internationals.
    All my bets will be football-related, if there were going to be other sports involved I wouldn't have posted it here :)

Braga 1-0 up :D

West Ham are at home to Oxford in the Carling Cup, and you'd fancy them to get their first win in the bag tonight. There are a few tempting bets, but for me West Ham/West Ham at Half Time/Full Time at 10/11 seems the best value to me.
    Lost. Second time in 4 days they've let me down at home, had them in the PP LMS competition as well :(

Brara 1-0 up at half-time but have 3 or 4 players booked already, will be surprised if they finish with 11 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Lost. Second time in 4 days they've let me down at home, had them in the PP LMS competition as well :(

Brara 1-0 up at half-time but have 3 or 4 players booked already, will be surprised if they finish with 11 men.

Sending off is 2.4 on bf :pac:

Good luck with the log!

2-0 up now :D

• Advertisement

2-0 up now :D

Sweet ;)

2-1 now :/

Christ, Sevilla just equalized and Braga got the lead back 30 seconds later :eek:

Get in a fourth for Braga. Good call, cheers!!

Sevilla got one back shortly after, Braga won 4-3 :D

Did you have it as well?

Sevilla got one back shortly after, Braga won 4-3 :D

Did you have it as well?

Yeah!! I put a fiver on after about 20 mins, odds of 8.2 :D

All my bets will be football-related, if there were going to be other sports involved I wouldn't have posted it here :)

again...."in your 1st post it was just a betting log "

It's a football log now! ;)

Great stuff today man. :)

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Yeah!! I put a fiver on after about 20 mins, odds of 8.2 :D
    Good to hear, congrats :)

Not many bets appeal to me tonight so I'm only going for a small treble, Fulham (4/11), Everton (1/3) and Birmingham (2/5) all to win, at a fraction over 6/4. All three Premier League teams playing at home to League 1 or League 2 opposition, they should have too much for their opponents even if they field weakened teams.

• Advertisement

Two more bets tonight in addition to yesterdays, where I still need Birmingham to do the business

I'm not very confident with Liverpool. They are travelling without Gerrard and Torres on the back of a mawling by Man City, and going to a very hostile Turkish atmosphere. Trabzonspor are 11/4 to qualify, which is still great value despite the odds decreasing in the past few days.

For much the same reason as above I also fancy Fenerbahce to qualify at 11/10. Like Trabzonspor they also have to ovecome a 1-0 defeat, but with the second leg at home against an average Greek side, you have to fancy them to go through.

Not many bets appeal to me tonight so I'm only going for a small treble, Fulham (4/11), Everton (1/3) and Birmingham (2/5) all to win, at a fraction over 6/4. All three Premier League teams playing at home to League 1 or League 2 opposition, they should have too much for their opponents even if they field weakened teams.
    Won. Birmingham made a tough job of it though.
    Two more bets tonight in addition to yesterdays, where I still need Birmingham to do the business

I'm not very confident with Liverpool. They are travelling without Gerrard and Torres on the back of a mawling by Man City, and going to a very hostile Turkish atmosphere. Trabzonspor are 11/4 to qualify, which is still great value despite the odds decreasing in the past few days.
    Lost, but I'm not exactly upset about it :D
    For much the same reason as above I also fancy Fenerbahce to qualify at 11/10. Like Trabzonspor they also have to ovecome a 1-0 defeat, but with the second leg at home against an average Greek side, you have to fancy them to go through.
    Lost, PAOK got a draw out of it and went through.

Two bets for the weekend so far, might go for another if I have the time and find a good value bet

My favourite bet at the moment is the first-half handicap (FHH), because there's serious value to be had in matches where there's a clear favourite, even more value than a full-time handicap.

Chelsea FHH -1 are 6/4 against Stoke and Man Utd FHH -1 are 9/5 against West Ham. Both teams are playing at home and there should be a feast of goals, so those singles are where my money's at.

One bet for tonight's UEFA Super Cup. Diego Forlan first goalscorer at 13/2 is a gigantic price. He's argubally in the best form of his career, vulminating in winning the Golden Ball at the World Cup, and there's no reason to think his form shouldn't continue.

For safety I've gone for an each-way bet.

One bet for tonight's UEFA Super Cup. Diego Forlan first goalscorer at 13/2 is a gigantic price. He's argubally in the best form of his career, vulminating in winning the Golden Ball at the World Cup, and there's no reason to think his form shouldn't continue.

For safety I've gone for an each-way bet.
    Lost

Chelsea FHH -1 are 6/4 against Stoke and Man Utd FHH -1 are 9/5 against West Ham. Both teams are playing at home and there should be a feast of goals, so those singles are where my money's at.
    Both lost :(
    x PyRo wrote: »
    Over 2.5 Goals - 3pts @ 1/1 (Bet365)
    Well going by the theory that since you haven't had a winner for a while you're due one in the near future, I'm following you on that overs bet ;)
    Won, cheers for the tip Pyro :D

And in an effort to get some money back, I put an in-running bet on Man Utd to score third, two minutes before they did :D

But then I blew most of those winnings on Man Utd to win 4-0, which they didn't :(

So overall, not a great day for me today :/

Right, time to try to get some money back

Liverpool -1 @ 4/6 tomorrow at home to West Brom. The manager said his focus is the league and with Gerrard and Torres rested midweek, they should run riot on their weaker opponents. Which is why Torres first goalscorer @ 5/2 (ew) is also good value.

Liverpool -1 @ 4/6 tomorrow at home to West Brom. The manager said his focus is the league and with Gerrard and Torres rested midweek, they should run riot on their weaker opponents.
    Lost
    Which is why Torres first goalscorer @ 5/2 (ew) is also good value.
    Won :D

Thread moved from Football section.

I've moved this and all other football logs to the log section. The majority decides dude.

• Advertisement

First match bet in the new stadium forum, PP Enhanced Treble on tonight's matches for Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid and Sporting Lisbon to win at 10/3

Advertisement