Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daemos' Football Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    First match bet in the new stadium forum,

quite being so sour about the situation..
    the rest of the logs that were moved have said nothing but just got on with it,no reason why you cant do the same..
    its not a big deal anyway really,is it?
    the only difference i see is that you get more views,and if thats your concern, then well.......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I am over it, it's a joke ;)

Also going for over 2.5 goals in the Atletico-Gijon match at 4/6, 2pts

First match bet in the new stadium forum, PP Enhanced Treble on tonight's matches for Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid and Sporting Lisbon to win at 10/3
    Lost, damn Inter :rolleyes:
    Also going for over 2.5 goals in the Atletico-Gijon match at 4/6, 2pts
    Won :D

Two bets for tonight's matches

Following UnitedIrishman's advice I'm going for Charlton at 8/13 (PP :rolleyes:) to beat Dagenham and Redbridge

I also fancy Torquay to go through tonight away to Bournemouth. They are off to a stunning start to the season with a 100% league record, their only loss so far against Reading where they conceded in the 125th minute. Unlike Bournemouth who face doubts over their strikers, Torquay have a full squad, and are value at 6/5 to qualify.

• Advertisement

Both won :D

Three bets on for tomorrow's internationals

My first is a banker IMO, I'll be lumping on England, France and Portugal to win at around 11/10. All three playing at home against inferior teams should win.

I also fancy Finland to win at 11/10, playing away to Moldova. They narrowly missed out on a play-off place in the World Cup qualifiers, and have a good away record against the lower-ranked European teams, and I think are good value at odds-against tomorrow.

My third and final bet is Faroe Islands +2 at 7/4 at home to Serbia, which I think is great value. They have begun to improve under manager Brian Kerr, while Serbia have taken a step backwards thanks to their poor World Cup. I think the Faroes could win this, so with a +2 handicap I really like this bet.

Well that was a disaster. Faroes lost 3-0, Finland lost 2-0, and France lost 1-0 at home to Belarus?! :mad:

One step forward, two steps back

Three bets for tomorrow, all in the Ireland game

Robbie Keane should have scored against Armenia, and I expect him to make up for his wasted chances with a solid performance tomorrow. He's 11/5 first goalscorer, which I've gone for each way to be safe.

Unlike the bookies I expect Ireland to follow their normal routine and gring out a result. I don't think it will be a high-scoring game, and under 4.5 goals @ 4/7, while being a low price, is still way higher than it should be.

And going against my usual instincts I'm putting all my eggs in one basket. Under 3.5 goals @ 5/4 is too good to resist.

I've stopped short of going one further and I'm not betting on this one myself, but if you're feeling like a gamble under 2.5 @ 3/1 could be worth a shout.

Edit: If I'd seen Belarus +4 at 5/6 before those unders bets I probably would have gone for that instead

Robbie Keane should have scored against Armenia, and I expect him to make up for his wasted chances with a solid performance tomorrow. He's 11/5 first goalscorer, which I've gone for each way to be safe.
    Placed, but I just realised that the bet cost me more than I'm getting back, so that was a damp squib
    Unlike the bookies I expect Ireland to follow their normal routine and gring out a result. I don't think it will be a high-scoring game, and under 4.5 goals @ 4/7, while being a low price, is still way higher than it should be.
    Won
    And going against my usual instincts I'm putting all my eggs in one basket. Under 3.5 goals @ 5/4 is too good to resist
    Lost, I knew I shouldn't have gone for it
    I've stopped short of going one further and I'm not betting on this one myself, but if you're feeling like a gamble under 2.5 @ 3/1 could be worth a shout.
    Would've lost
    Edit: If I'd seen Belarus +4 at 5/6 before those unders bets I probably would have gone for that instead
    Would've won, congrats to everyone who did it though

• Advertisement

Right, I'm feeling bored so I'm getting my bets in early and trying something new. Here are my bets for the weekend:

Everton vs Man Utd: Both teams to score @ 8/11

Everton have a very good record at home, while United have a great away record, and there should be goals in this one. In 8 of the last 12 seasons both teams have scored in this fixture, and I expect them to extend that run.

Fulham vs Wolves: Fulham @ 5/6

Fulham had an incredible home record last season, and should have no trouble this weekend. Fulham earned a draw against Man Utd at home already this season, and they are overpriced to get a better result against weaker opposition.

Newcastle vs Blackpool: Newcastle -1 @ 8/5

The odds for this look incredibly high to me. The Magpies demolished a weakened Villa 6-0 at home already, while Blackpool's 4-0 away to Wigan was likemy a freak result. They will rely on home form to keep them up, while they should be whipping boys away from home. Newcastle are far better than Blackpool despite being promoted together, and should win by at least 2 goals.

Leeds vs Swansea: Leeds @ 5/4

This looks like another case of bookmakers not giving promoted teams the respect they deserve. Leeds' home form in League 1 last season was fantastic, while Swansea's can best be described as average, while almost an equal number of wins, draws and losses. This could well end a draw, but anytime Leeds are odds-against at home to an average away team, they must be followed.

I have all those bets in 2pt singles, and because I think they could all come through I have a 1pt accum on them also, just in case.

All won except Newcastle, grand total from today's bets is 9pts spent, just over 11.5pts won

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

All won except Newcastle, grand total from today's bets is 9pts spent, just over 11.5pts won
    always one to spoil it, hard luck ,

Thanks, if they came through I think I would have won around 39pts :(

Still, better for Blackpool to win than Newcastle to win by one, because 8/13 for the win looked tempting too.

In-running bet in the Stoke-Villa game at 0-0 after 30 minutes: Draw @ 7/5 (2ps)

And Villa just scored. Fantastic :rolleyes:

Holy backfire, Batman :eek:. Skote with an equaliser in the 80th minute, and then snatched a winner in the last minute of extra time.

Starting college tomorrow so I'm getting in all my midweek bets today in case I don't have time

Tuesday: Man Utd -1 and Barca -1, 2pts @ just over Evs

Spotted by mike65 over on the Football Betting forum, this looks like very good value with both teams at home, they should both win comfortably despite suffering setbacks at the weekend.

Wednesday: Braga +2, 1pt @ 5/6

Again the bookies have underestimated the chances of the Portuguese team away from home, this time at Arsenal. They could well get a result out of this match, but I'm backing them at +2 to cover the Gunners winning by one goal, which I think is the best they will get.

Thursday: Liverpool, Juventus and Porto to win, 1pt @ just over Evs

Same as for today's bets, all teams are playing at home and you'd expect them to win. However I wouldn't trust them all to win easily, so I'm keeping handicaps out of this one.

Absolute disaster :mad:

United couldn't find the net with a ballistic missile, Braga got annihilated and Juventus came from 2-0 down to be winning 3-2 only to concede again in added time :mad:

Thinking of using the start of college as an excuse to give the gambling a break for a while

Thinking of using the start of college as an excuse to give the gambling a break for a while
    Changed my mind :D

Have a treble on Stoke, Aston Villa and Everton tomorrow at 9/2

Seroiusly hoping this comes through, my balance's taken a serious hit this week

• Advertisement

Lost, spectacularly

Only one bet tonight

Sunderland to win and Gyan to score @ 11/5

Gyan is set to get his first start for Sunderland, and with his skill he should run riot over a poor West Ham defence. West Ham are struggling despite getting a draw against Stoke, and Sunderland will feel they can win this trophy, and should go for it at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Only one bet tonight

Sunderland to win and Gyan to score @ 11/5

Gyan is set to get his first start for Sunderland, and with his skill he should run riot over a poor West Ham defence. West Ham are struggling despite getting a draw against Stoke, and Sunderland will feel they can win this trophy, and should go for it at home.

Come again? :pac:

Best of luck fella :)

Doocey wrote: »
    Come again? :pac:
    I didn't say they can, I said they'll think they can :pac:

With my funds running low I only have one bet this week

Birmingham(-0.5 & -1.0) vs Wigan @ 11/10

Disastrous string of bets, so it's do-or-die time. I always said that if I reached a certain amount in my account I'd stop, so in a desperate attempt to boost my funds I'm lumping all of it (keeping 10c in so I can join free Last Man Standing competitions) on Spartak Moscow against Zilina at 1/2.

If I win I'm still in, if I don't I'm retiring

Won, thankfully. I'll probably be lumping on short odds for a while now to build my account up (assuming I don't lose it all :o)

Have a double on for Sunday, Liverpool (3/10) and Man City (2/5)

:(

You know what the biggest shock about that Liverpool result is? The fact that it isn't a shock...

• Advertisement

Put some money in my account to play a Last Man Standing tournament so I have some more cash to play around with.

Getting back in the game with a treble tonight: Birmingham (2/5), Ipswich (4/9) and Man Utd (1/3)

Advertisement