Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone recommendation

Options
  • 22-08-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Hello,

My girlfriends birthday is coming up and her phone is knackered so I am going to get her a new one.

I am unsure of my budget yet but I not willing to spring for an i-phone. Anyone any suggestions?

Id like it to be a nokia but not essential and have wifi capabilities if possible.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

network?
    budget?
    what she needs out of the phone?

would be useful to have to makes this easier for us to help you...tons of phones out there...and the best phone is different for every person

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth) - Camera i guess, em......easy texting ability?!?, whatever features a girl uses on their phone. Im pretty clueless on the matter, and shes not much more informed.

Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc. - Touchscreen would be cool but i read on another thread they can be bad for texting. No flippy/slidey stuff please

Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE - Wifi would be what i would be looking for

Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either - Prepay

Price range - $250?!!? - Yet to be decided really

well at your budget my choice would be HTC Wildfire...dont think you can get it from any network here on PAYG but you can find brand new ones sim free on adverts.ie

heres a review :) it also has sense on it so she can configue the texting keyboard she wants from qwerty to mini qwerty or phone keyboard

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_wildfire-3337.php

i got my phone there with 200 off the shop price :)

heres seems the only unused one :) might be locked to meteor ill add something else if it comes across my mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

5800 any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

well i had the 5800xm for about 3 months and it was one hell of a phone for the money...but a bit old at this stage...

Advertisement