Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINAL Munster Super League Session (28/8/10) & CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok looks like we're on the train for this after all.

I will book at 9pm tonight. Everyone who wants me to book for them needs to post here ASAP or your on your tobler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Maybe so
    I'm afraid that I won't be in attendance this weekend; I have to go to Dublin tomorrow. I know, irony! It's like some kinda Bizarro World, where Dublin people are in Limerick and Limerick people are in Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    A-Trak wrote: »
    Very likely I'll be picking up a car-part near Limerick next weekend..
    Ok looks like we're on the train for this after all.

Sorry lads, turns out that car part was slightly more necessary then I'd anticipated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so no car?
    who are definite and what are the timing, going up and returning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

No
    Sorry lads, turns out that car part was slightly more necessary then I'd anticipated :(

Awwwww

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

No

Does that mean you're not coming at all now, or just that the lift is no longer happening?

Train leaves Hueston at 10 hits Limerick 12.16.

Should be at the venue 12:30 ish.

I don't book back in advance but we left around 6 last time if memory serves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

If we're going for steak then we may be leaving later. But that's if we go for steak, delicious, delicious steak.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    I'm pretty sure he was joking. Why would someone who lives in Dublin voluntarily stay in Limerick?

(Hype?)

I wish I could argue that or even pretend that I don't agree :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I wish I could argue that or even pretend that I don't agree :P

Remind me never to rely on you lot for hype. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Book me a ticket.

I'll bring plenty of tissues so you can scare trapped women on the train!

I'm booking the tickets. 30 minutes to get your name down.

At the mo it's me, chopper and Doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    Count me out lads, I'll post up the invoice I've got from the mechanic later for the laugh, it's bloody hilarious.

Tickets booked.

Train leaves Hueston at 10. That's 9 for you Chopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Maybe so
    Seems my plans have changed and Bizarro World is no more; I'll be attending tomorrow after all. My response to the poll is lies!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Had a good laugh today lads, sorry couldnt stay around and get some eats with ye. Also gotta get some games in with you tony and if your on any night during the week i wouldnt mind a monster session against that guile Doom. Really need some consistant guile play to learn more about the match up.

And Onion make your brother play someone else! If it was my house he'd be OUT DE DOOR! :pac:

Thurles is not Mallow!

Orim wrote: »
    Thurles is not Mallow!

Yeah it's not!

Just got the computer working btw. I rock. :D

No
    The day can be summarised as follows

BANG BANG BANG BANG!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Maybe so
    BB scene get.

Hype got?

• Advertisement

No
    Voa wrote: »
    BB scene get.

Hype got?

Doom and I had some of the highest tier BB matches you could ever have seen. Bang install and 500 hit combos were had. Hype(?) was gotten. We'd easily take any of you BB "pros".

Doom and I had some of the highest tier BB matches you could ever have seen. Bang install and 500 hit combos were had. Hype(?) was gotten. We'd easily take any of you BB "pros".

You were clearly mashing.

Also I can't get the input calibrator to work right. I keep trying to beat it and have at one stage ended up with -44ms of input delay :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Maybe so
    Orim wrote: »
    You were clearly mashing.

Also I can't get the input calibrator to work right. I keep trying to beat it and have at one stage ended up with -44ms of input delay :confused:
    Not enough Yomi.

I am the golden ragna.

No
    Thanks to all who made the (long or short) trip to the final session. We had spectators*, close games, an outsider showing us what not to do, random BlazBlue noises and button tapping as Orim and I were playing the last scheduled game and could have our child prodigy. Watch out Cobelcog, there's going to be a younger Inferno winner!

FINAL LEADERBOARD
    D4RK ONION - 67 points (+23) - €55 + €40 Travel Fund for Inferno
    Robbknoll - 59 points (+17) - €20
    Matt - 55 points - €5
    FutureGuy - 55 points (+17) - €5
    DooM - 50 points (+29)
    Sabre0001 - 49 points (+13)
    Orim - 40 points (+23)
    Burning Eclipse - 39 points (+9)
    Sairus - 36 points
    Generic_name - 24 points
    Mr. K - 19 points (+7)
    Luke - 14 points
    Vaughn - 11 points
    Chopperbyrne - 7 points
    Sean - 3 points
    Darren - 3 points (+3)
    Rickamon - 1 point (+1)

Right! FINALLY worked out the points table I think...As I had said in the previous post that was here, could have used AnimaX's maths skills; a point made even more valid now. Anyways, Robbknoll you took off quickly but you got 2nd and €20 so I have that for you. Thankfully, FutureGuy is joint 3rd and paid up. Must meet Matt again for his small prize; just unfortunate that he couldn't be there to defend the lead.

Just have to find a time to meet now!

*May have only been one

🤪

No
    The other point is changes for the next edition...

Will start in October (2nd and 4th Saturdays worked well so I don't see a reason to change!)

Same entry fee and story with prize money / travel split

Points will be awarded based on finishing position - while it would be ideal to award people for putting up a good fight, it doesn't work out quite so well.

It will be easier to keep tabs on where people need to finish to take certain positions in the league - the awarding points for wins, etc made things a little overwhelming.

There will be a random lottery for a small prize - you get a ticket for each session that you attend.

We should go for food more......we like food!

Any other suggestions, etc would be appreciated.

🤪

No
    GGs to everyone yesterday, sorry to Futureguy and DooM that I didn't put up a better fight :P

Hotrau somehow didn't get bored just sitting there for hours watching us play, and has taken a liking to Chun-li's moveset, so I guess we'll go with her for now :P

Ricky had a good time too, didn't stop talking about it. Although as you saw yesterday at the steakhouse, he rarely does stop talking. I'm determined to make him a bit better before next time :)

Finally major, MAJOR props to Sabre and Burning Eclipse who ran this league like pros, it really was pulled off like a well oiled machine. GG guys :D

No
    One glaring error was made by myself but thankfully highlighted by Burning Eclipse - I awarded myself the win over Robbknoll >.> <.<

That has been adjusted and I will edit the points table now. Also means that prize structure changes again! The season took it's toll on me :)

Good to hear that Hotrau enjoyed it - potential Season 2 champion? Ricky is cool as well - once he gets hands capable of reaching Ultra he'll be sorted! Definately enthusiastic.

🤪

Good games to all, thanks to Burning Sabre for a fun little trip every time.

RobKnoll could do some serious damage with a little more match up knowledge, should be interesting in the next season.

You've all levelled up since the first week though lads, good show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

No
    Finally major, MAJOR props to Sabre and Burning Eclipse who ran this league like pros, it really was pulled off like a well oiled machine. GG guys :D

Thanks man, but all credit must go to Sabre. I just filled in that one week he couldn't make it.

I really enjoyed yesterday. From the games in the tourney, to BlazBlue madness, to delicious food in the Texas Steakout, a great time was had by all! And if not by all, by me at least :D

Advertisement