Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINAL Munster Super League Session (28/8/10) & CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Anyways, Robbknoll you took off quickly but you got 2nd and €20 so I have that for you.

This is just the start of my millions boys!
    One glaring error was made by myself but thankfully highlighted by Burning Eclipse - I awarded myself the win over Robbknoll >.> <.<

Good man Burning Haha.

And thanks to everyone for running the league ( sabre/burning) and the ppl that supported it. Hope next one is just as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Hotrau somehow didn't get bored just sitting there for hours watching us play, and has taken a liking to Chun-li's moveset, so I guess we'll go with her for now :P

I can't believe you spelled my username wrong.

FAIL.

Stupid D4rk Onion (yea, I went there).

Good to hear that Hotrau enjoyed it - potential Season 2 champion? Ricky is cool as well - once he gets hands capable of reaching Ultra he'll be sorted! Definately enthusiastic.

:P

Heh, think I've a while to go yet before I'll be even entering any competitions, never mind winning them >_< Moving back to Dublin next week anyway so I'll be badgering some peoples for training soon enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Well done Onion. Keep reppin' that Makoto.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GorySnake wrote: »
    Well done Onion. Keep reppin' that Makoto.

He wouldn't pick Makoto against me. :(

He wouldn't pick Makoto against me. :(

Honda vs Guile!? Madness, unless Onion's got some secret Guile CP that I've never seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

No
    Honda vs Guile!? Madness, unless Onion's got some secret Guile CP that I've never seen.

Rose, then Cody!!

Rose, then CODY!!

Nice one :D

Nice one :D

Not really for Onion as I'm used to both you and Bush when it comes to Cody.

He was going to pick Ryu and I actually convinced him not to, which is prob a good thing for him. :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    I didn't know the Cody match at all. I should have gone with Seth I think. Just Ricky said Cody while I was hovering over him so I said why not :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    Hi all,
    Thanks a million to everyone for getting this league off to a great start. It's pretty clear that everyone that attened over the last few months have seriously upped their game.

I can blame holidays and lack of practice all I like, the fact is that I need to up my game more now. Missed so many links and FADCs on Saturday and the only thing for that is more practice. There are 4-5 people in Limerick that are now giving me very difficult matches, none more so than RobbKnoll who has my number big time.

I'm also going to start posting videos of my play, and hopefully people can comment on them.

Looking forward to seeing vids from this weekend everyone!

• Advertisement

No
    Onion, that kid brother of yours could be great with a little patience. He has zero problems pulling off moves and for a 10 y.o. he's very good!!

Saturday was a good day for me in terms of my playing. The only people I had no hope against were yourself and DooM. Every other match I won, or was 1 round away from winning at one point (afaik). Just gotta learn a bit more about Chun... maybe learn some option selects.

Also, I'd love experience against Makoto, Blanka, Guile and Balrog.

Do we have any Balrog's on 360?

No
    Yeah, I think it's all about match up knowledge for you at this stage man. When I had you locked in the corner with those Mp strings, you could have squeezed in an EX SBK for instance.

As for the Rickimon I think lack of patience comes with the age he's at :P

DooM, do we have an ETA on those videos? :P Mainly the BB one, but the others would be nice too

No
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yeah, I think it's all about match up knowledge for you at this stage man. When I had you locked in the corner with those Mp strings, you could have squeezed in an EX SBK for instance.

As for the Rickimon I think lack of patience comes with the age he's at :P

DooM, do we have an ETA on those videos? :P Mainly the BB one, but the others would be nice too

AFAIK the BB match is on SabreCam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Not much but I'm kinda busy.
    http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1275

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

No
    Don't hold your breath on the BB match I'm afraid lads!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

I'm moving to limerick next week so congratulations people, you've a newb to plague you with questions, ask for directions, steal your food and controllers, etc. :P

No
    Slugs wrote: »
    I'm moving to limerick next week so congratulations people, you've a newb to plague you with questions, ask for directions, steal your food and controllers, etc. :P

Good to have you Slugs! Are you coming down here for college? And more importantly... who do you play as? ;)

I have a crap ton of videos to go up (Limerick, Nom Con, DBNI BB and Inferno 11 groups :o) but I promise I'll get to them.

No
    I have a crap ton of videos to go up (Limerick, Nom Con, DBNI BB and Inferno 11 groups :o) but I promise I'll get to them.

Cool. My matches against Sabre, Onion and Orim are on there. Sadly I lost all 3, but it will be good to see where I'm going wrong!

Cool. My matches against Sabre, Onion and Orim are on there. Sadly I lost all 3, but it will be good to see where I'm going wrong!

I watched our match, it's quite funny, you can see me celebrating when I take you out of Cammys DP with the back breake and you when you air throw me :D

• Advertisement

No
    I watched our match, it's quite funny, you can see me celebrating when I take you out of Cammys DP with the back breake and you when you air throw me :D

Hahaha. I have a habit of talking when playing, which is a problem when I'm being recorded, as I hate the sound of my voice! Still air throw ftw. Just wish I had landed more than 1 in comparison to your 10.

No
    Some videos up here so far. Unfortunately, when I checked last night the FutureGuy vs Orim fight failed to upload. Still more to go!

🤪

LOL, here it is, funny memories :D

Some videos up here so far. Unfortunately, when I checked last night the FutureGuy vs Orim fight failed to upload. Still more to go!

Are you using the restrict gears url to download?

No
    Are you using the restrict gears url to download?

Goes from camera to Cyberlink Power Director and straight up to YouTube. It's the only one that's caused problems though...

In a previous Inferno thread, you mentioned mirroring a promotional video and mentioned a programme to download. When I checked at that time, it didn't have YouTube support but I forgot the name. What is it again? [unreleated point over!]

🤪

Goes from camera to Cyberlink Power Director and straight up to YouTube. It's the only one that's caused problems though...

In a previous Inferno thread, you mentioned mirroring a promotional video and mentioned a programme to download. When I checked at that time, it didn't have YouTube support but I forgot the name. What is it again? [unreleated point over!]

That was Mpeg Streamclip, one of the options is to import from a URL in its file menu.

Streamclip is also what I use to cut out the borders and clip off unwanted footage at the start and end of matches. It's a damn handy free tool.

Another option is of course if I just upload to something like box.com and you could grab it there.

Perhaps the vid was over 15 mins or 2 gigs?

No

LOL, here it is, funny memories :D

I think it's fitting that you won with an air throw! :) I need to keep my ass out of the air... that's very obvious to me right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Ya gonna be studying business with japanese, haven't settled on a main yet, I started learning on Sakura, but I also play Juri and Ken :)

I think it's fitting that you won with an air throw! :) I need to keep my ass out of the air... that's very obvious to me right now!

Especially when you consider Guile has other pretty good AA's such as lk fk, cr Hp and far st hp. Even if you'd found a way to beat me in the air (lk usually does for chun) I would have just changed to another option and punished you as your air throw counter whiffed in the air.

• Advertisement

No
    Futureguy destroying poor Rickimon here! :P

Advertisement