Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with UPC installation

Options
  • 23-08-2010 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

5 weeks ago i signed up to have upc installed in my house.When then installers came they set everything up and when they hooked up my lcd tv to the digibox the screen of the television went completly white, after a week they returned to take away the telly to be repaired and admitted it was there fault as it was previously working fine. after a month of phone calls they got back to me and said they could not fix it and said they would return the tv along with a cheque for 300 euro to have it repaired, iv beent o 3 0r 4 places to see can it be fixed and they say it cannot be, should i accept the tv back? or insist that they replace it or have it fixed themselves?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They broke it they should fix or give you the price of a new television as you would not have the same rights if they replaced it with a second hand tv. At the moment you have statutory rights with your tv but if replaced by a third party not the original retailer then those statutory rights are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whittler

thanks for your reply but they will not fix it as they said it cant be fixed this is why i need to no now how i stand with this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

Duncan%20Stewart.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Tell them that you want it repaired or replaced.

If they are not willing to give you the cost of a replacement TV (same make/model) then you should file a case with the small claims court.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If they can't fix it how do they expect you to?

Tell them you want the full cost of the tv back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

What is the TV really worth? How much would it cost to replace it?

well it was 1200 euro when we bought it about 14 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I would recommend sending them a registered letter including a copy of the receipt for the tv and the details of all calls etc you have made. In this letter tell them you do not wish to receive the tv back along with the cheque as the tv cannot be repaired instead you would like a replacement tv to the value of the value of the damaged tv to include warranty or a cheque for the full amount of the tv so you can replace it yourself. Tell them they have 14 days (10 working days) to respond before you go to the small claims court.

still have got no where with these people there the worst company ever im going to seek leagal advice on this tomorrow

SO WHAT I WOULD SAY TO ALL PEOPLE IS STAY WELL CLEAR OF RD COMMUNICATIONS

• Advertisement
Advertisement