Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you wear a jersey...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    didn't think he'd drag it on so long.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    .........Otherwise, let's get back on topic.
    Now, if you'd like to get back on topic? Or maybe we can start a thread over on the Stormfront?
    Conversation over :)

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

:pac:

:D Trying to get back on topic to avoid answering a question doesn't count kid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i remember being in an irish bar in san francisco and the DJ was trying to sing ra songs and saying "fuk tony blair" and all this jazz and I remember thinking to myself "this guy hasnt a fukin clue about anything he is saying, he just likes to hate"

Jazzy wrote: »
    i remember being in an irish bar in san francisco and the DJ was trying to sing ra songs and saying "fuk tony blair" and all this jazz and I remember thinking to myself "this guy hasnt a fukin clue about anything he is saying, he just likes to hate"

Most of them don't! I have a friend who is one of these Republican types. There is literally no talking to them.

Some people just like living in the past. I call them idiots!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I agree, i;ve been trying to get back on topic and have been sill enough to get sucked into a futile argument!

The England jerseys are in "Clearence" on Soccer Triads if anyone's interested? :D

Got one a few weeks ago. Its hilarious walking through Limerick with it on, the looks on peoples faces make it worthwhile. Idiots :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

What about this? :P

interaway.gif
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Melion wrote: »
    Got one a few weeks ago. Its hilarious walking through Limerick with it on, the looks on peoples faces make it worthwhile. Idiots :rolleyes:

While, if you walked through London with an Ireland Jersey on, nobody would give a f*ck!

Would you wear a jersey of the English club you support if it had a St.George flag on the jersey?
    I've posted so much in this thread, I might as well answer the question. :pac: I don't support an English (or British) club so it doesn't really apply. However if I supported a British club, I wouldn't object to wearing one, with or without flag (St. George's Cross, St. Andrew's Cross, Union Flag, whatever).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What about this? :P

It was posted on the third page of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

isn't there one on the Barcelona crest, not very noticeable though i suppose. I don't think it'd be good marketing for them to put one on because there are so many players from Scotland, Ireland and Wales that would maybe take offense to it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

No, I simply wouldn't wear anything that had a St George's Cross on it. My research at university has me reading stacks upon stacks of books from "that" era of our national history, books which pursue the idea of exterminating the Irish by mass starvation. Please sue me if I refuse to wear the emblem of people that committed their lives to trying to ensure that I, along with all my loved ones, was never born. Yes, they're long dead now, no, that doesn't change what the flag is to me.

England built our railways and we owe our law system to them, as well as our finest universities, they did a lot for us. There's no "right" and "wrong" in this debate, everyone has their own notion of what they want to do, but some of the belittling and frankly uneducated attitudes (on all sides) you see every time this debate is dredged up (which is often) is incredible. So I would never abuse, or even notice, someone else wearing the St Georges Cross, but there is no way I'd wear it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Liam O wrote: »
    isn't there one on the Barcelona crest, not very noticeable though i suppose. I don't think it'd be good marketing for them to put one on because there are so many players from Scotland, Ireland and Wales that would maybe take offense to it...

The one on the Barcelona isn't a separate badge on the jersey, it's part of their crest and it's in the Barcelona cities crest.

There's many English and Scottish playing in the LoI, and Bohs, Shams and not sure if there's other wear jerseys with a tricolour on the neck, I'm sure there's foreigners playing for Italian team who have the Italian flag on the front of their jersey, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

The Italian flag is the scudetto though. The equivalent in England would be the gold premier league badges, As far as I know the Turkish one is in a similar vain. I would always jsut see it as the league winners badge.

There is also the target style one for who ever wins the Italian Cup
    I1001.jpg

I was just checking out the quite eye catching new Atletico jersey.

Now, this question is primarily for those who said they wouldnt wear a George's Cross

Would you have a problem wearing this jersey? Considering it has a Spanish flag on the back?

2356-01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I was just checking out the quite eye catching new Atletico jersey.

Now, this question is primarily for those who said they wouldnt wear a George's Cross

Would you have a problem wearing this jersey? Considering it has a Spanish flag on the back?

2356-01.jpg

I don't think Irish people have an issue with Spain or the Spanish...

With regards to the English flag on the sleeve of a shirt.. wouldn't bother me in the slightest... I support Everton, they are located in England, they are an English club. If they want to have the St.Georges Cross/English flag on their kit, they can do it...

Bigots can choose not to buy it.. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

While, if you walked through London with an Ireland Jersey on, nobody would give a f*ck!

But with a Germany jersey you'd be lucky to not get beaten up.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    But with a Germany jersey you'd be lucky to not get beaten up.

Not by any English people i know.

By idiots yeah, and isn't that the point?

Not by any English people i know.

By idiots yeah, and isn't that the point?

Yes, but there's lots of idiots around. If you walked into a pub on o'connell street with an England jersey and it was full of Celtic fans I doubt you'd last long

Yes, but there's lots of idiots around. If you walked into a pub on o'connell street with an England jersey and it was full of Celtic fans I doubt you'd last long

Indeed, because those people are idiots also.

There are also people who would beat me up for being gay, or black, or Chinese. This is also part of my point!

• Advertisement

There are also people who would beat me up for being gay, or black, or Chinese. This is also part of my point!

I agree! Let's agree to agree

There are idiots like that alright, I know a guy who wore a Liverpool jersey in Manchester and a Manchester United jersey to a Liverpool match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Wait, you are gay, black and chinese?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

CiaranC wrote: »

Do you know the difference between or/and?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Fromvert wrote: »
    Do you know the difference between or/and?

leave him alone he supports rovers so is a bit slow, bless him:cool:

CiaranC wrote: »

I prefer Gay and Blackanese!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

I'm feeling suicidal so I think I'll wear a Celtic jersey with a George's Cross sewn on to it at the next old firm game, it would be interesting to know which side would slap me first, now there is a social experiment for some depressed student.

Advertisement