Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much grief kills

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lifeistooshort

My heartfelt thanks to you all again for your loving support. I have so little to report it makes me worry, they don't really know what is wrong and most of the time he feels ok. Cancer is always in the back of my mind though as I know he would never exaggerate his symptoms, and I'm worried he might be playing down what is wrong with him. Until last August I've never even thought of how I'd cope if my only son fell ill and I really think I'm doing such a bad job I'm no help to him (I'm very worried all of the time, its obvious to everyone and I cant help it...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Well, it sounds like ye don't really know whats wrong him again.
    Easier said than done, but try no to expect the worst at this stage. Wait until you get confirmation one way or the other, then at least you'll know what your options are. Hope it all works out for ye.

Hi

Its almost a year, only 3 days short since I first posted last year, and life has been a real rollercoaster since...when I decided on the title for the thread 'too much grief kills' I really thought my little boy would be diagnosed with cancer because of our family history and bad luck generally. We got over that and he was declared cancer free, only to have problems with his health, cancer query...etc come up again last April. I really found it hard to cope with the second blow in April and am sorry that I have not posted for so long, but thank God again it was a false alarm (its easy to say now, but I couldn't bring myself to write it down until now, in case someone would tell me I was mistaken and he was not cancer free...) He is going back for his one year review next week, he does not have the dreaded cancer thank God and he is looking forward to sitting his Leaving Cert this year...thank you all for your support, grief is such a powerful emotion, I lost both my Mom and Dad young, and although I'm so happy that my son has his full health, I still truly believe that sometimes grief and sadness over the loss of our loved ones causes us such heartbreak that it would kill us if we did not have a platform such as boards on which to share our miseries and pains...

Thank you all for the support

liferealllyistooshort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I am just relieved to know he is doing well. I believe stress is a major factor in quite a few illnesses. Sometimes our emotions take over and just snowball on us. Best to rejoice for what we have than to rehash what might have been. Here is hoping joy and long life to you and yours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

Delighted to hear the good news. It must be a huge relief to you all. I wish you all a healthy, happy and stress free future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Great news OP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Delighted to hear that your son is okay OP :D That's great news.

LIkewise delighted for you. You recieved the greatest gift possible. The health of your child. :)

Thank you all so much for your good wishes, they really mean a lot to me, my husband and my son.

Advertisement