Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is there a radio station called d4 radio ?

• 23-08-2010 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

i won tickets for westlife of it today and want to know if its real ? lol i dident text them or nothing they rang me randomly.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

georgedell wrote: »
    i dident text them or nothing they rang me randomly.

That's a clue in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

i won tickets for westlife of it today and want to know if its real ? lol i dident text them or nothing they rang me randomly.

You couldn't just google it?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

You didn't contact a non-existent radio station, and they 'randomly' rang you offering tickets.

Hmmm. I say go for it. Give bank details aswell, even if they don't ask, just to show commitment to the D4 cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

West What?

Don't even reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

If you didn't ring or text them, would it not make you wonder how they got your number to let you know you've won tickets to a contest you didn't actually even enter?
    No?

Did i ever tell you about my rich cousin in Nigeria OP. I must get him to email you...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 georgedell

yeah but they rang and knew my name and i did all this stuff on radio then they rang back and got my address thats all just my address what can they do with that ? lol

and the woman sounded the part so i dunno if its real lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

How'd you know you were on the radio? Cos they told you?

It's more than likely your mates taking the piss.

Don't hold your breath for the tickets, for the love of god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

/facepalm

well she said hello my name is something i cant remember lol then she said my name and did i want to play this game live on the radio and i had to guess the song and i got it rite but the thing was i was with a large group of people and all the people with my number were there lol and the efort to do a prank call like that would be huge like not laughing or nothing and playing music that would be just to much lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

well she said hello my name is something i cant remember lol then she said my name and did i want to play this game live on the radio and i had to guess the song and i got it rite but the thing was i was with a large group of people and all the people with my number were there lol and the efort to do a prank call like that would be huge like not laughing or nothing and playing music that would be just to much lol

The abbreviation lol is not a substitute for a full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

They put in a huge effort to trick you and seeing as you have turned to an internet forum to find out if the radio station really exists, I think they got you pretty badly and it was probably totally worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Computer says no.

I say that a few of your friends are now laughing at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Jesus you'd think D4 radio would give you €10,000 Hollister voucher.....gawd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You were pranked man.
    Lock as your thread in Radio is enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement