Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The who's around next year thread

Options
  • 23-08-2010 4:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Just looking at the LC forum there and the points, defo gonna be in IADT next year :), IADT prepare to be....
    underwhelmed :p
    who else is goin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Anna_Banana

See you there! ;)

Got offered Film and Tv. Second time lucky, eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

Just accepted my offer there.
    Got photography, so fuppin' happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bev

English, Media and Cultural Studies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

Got the shock of my life this morning, looks like I'll be doing animation come september :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Just accepted my spot on the Photography course. Was not expecting it tbh so very happy. See ya'll soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tralaalaalaa

Just found out I also got into Film and Television production this year and my name's Anna too!
    I ran around my room in a very excited state when I found out so I'm a bit out of breath now.......

See you in September!
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

Got animation! i'm delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

Got offered for animation, can't wait!

By the way what age is everyone?

i'm 19

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

melissavm wrote: »
    i'm 19
    Snap :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Chou

ill be there :D doing applied psychology. delighted :D
    kinda nervous too though, dont know anyone else going :S
    im 19, as of last week :)
    see y'all there, Colette x

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RanFlagg

Just accepted my place for the auld Film and Television course :) Well happy! Im glad that theres actually evidence of others doing the Film and Tv course because I hadn't heard of many doing it at all up until now. Everything's cool so

See ya all in September then! Woop!

Im 19 as well. Its a good age!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

19 is a great age : D

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I'll be there! Doing Applied Psychology, so excited!:D I'm 18 though, odd one out already! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Luigi 91

Got an offer for Film & Tv, think I'll defer for a year, dunno yet!

Delighted to da max :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Animation :eek: /pee pants

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ray269

Im goin into second year of applied psychology:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Chou

Ray269 wrote: »
    Im goin into second year of applied psychology:)

how did you find first year? i have no idea what to expect!

Chou wrote: »
    how did you find first year? i have no idea what to expect!

It was alright, wasnt too difficult, just make sure you do your continuous assessments and do them well, once u do that and keep up attendance, you'll have no problems passing the year.

It wasnt heavy on the hours either, i think we were on a 13 hour week 1 and 22 hours week 2 and so on like that for the year.

We had the biggest class in history in iadt, or so we were told, and that was 102 students.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

18 and doing Film and Television production.
    So damn happy.
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Anna_Banana

So how many film heads do we have here?
    I'm 20 by the way :)

How about an introduce yourself thread? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

I know this is gonna sound very stupid and I'm sure I've missed this info in one of the many other threads but does anyone know when we actually start?
    Specifically for Film and TV production.
    :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

So how many film heads do we have here?
    I'm 20 by the way :)

How about an introduce yourself thread? :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055656069

(changing that threads title to fit)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

I'm 17, 18 in november, is that too young? o_o
    I'm kinda scared haha...
    We get the registration pack posted to up in the 2nd week of september right?

I got my bank stuff today to pay for the year, i dont have to re reg because im going into second year, but i got the registration stuff with that last year, so id say its on the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DeeHeadlights

I got animation too! So ridiculously shocked/stoked. I'm 18, but I'll be 19 around when college starts up.. I think.

Ow well il be going into the 3rd year of animation good luck in first year :op

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Ow well il be going into the 3rd year of animation good luck in first year :op

Anything you can tell us about 1st year or the course in general? :)

melissavm wrote: »
    Anything you can tell us about 1st year or the course in general? :)

Well i cant really because i done animation in a different college myself and 4 other guys got into 3rd year in iadt so i have no idea what the first year would be like in iadt. You will most likely just learn all the basic's for classic, flash and 3d stuff most likely and dont forget all those naked people you will be drawing.

I will give you some advice tho put the hours in for this type of course because animation is not for someone who is lazy it take's a lot of hour's and hard work to get the best out of yourself try not to fall in with the doss crowd and you should work on developing a taste of coffee for the late nights ahead of tedious drawing ow the page's so meny... pages .. * glares at the 5 minuets of animation across from him*

good luck tho cause nothing beats the feeling you get when you finish animating something =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I will give you some advice tho put the hours in for this type of course because animation is not for someone who is lazy it take's a lot of hour's and hard work to get the best out of yourself try not to fall in with the doss crowd and you should work on developing a taste of coffee for the late nights ahead of tedious drawing ow the page's so meny... pages.

Words to live by in the animation course, slack off and you'll be playing catch-up for the rest of the year.

Your finished pieces will always reflect the amount of work put in, break your bones with effort and you'll be walking on sunshine for the next few days. Try and get a comfy chair on day 1 :)

Advertisement