Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OFFERS! Did you get your first choice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 casadenikki

Holysock wrote: »
    Wooh!Trinity science, my first choice:D.I can't believe how much science went up in UCD though!

See ya there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 R0siE

Yep, science in trinity!thrilled with the win!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

I got my 1st choice! :D
    European Business with German in DCU

I couldn't be happier! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DDA Donn

Applied Physics DCU. Second choice technically, but theoretical physics was never anything but a pipe dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SEInvincible

Computing in DIT :cool:

Can you accept your level 6/7 too? That might be a stupid question :P

• Advertisement

But why would you want to do that? :confused:
    Unless you want to do 2 courses!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

Nope, but got psychology through science in maynooth and I'm reaaaallly happy with that :)

But why would you want to do that? :confused:
    Unless you want to do 2 courses!

I really dunno how all this works! And when I accepted the level 8 , the level 6/7 was still letting me accept it :o

It's all good in the hood:cool:

If you have received a level 6/7 offer and if you do not want it, then you should contact the institute that's providing it and tell them you do not want it, so they can then offer it to someone who does want it.
    You don't have to if you don't want to. But they are asking people to do that, because too many people who don't want level 6/7 courses are holding the places, which means people that do want them can't get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

got no offers what to do

• Advertisement

If you have received a level 6/7 offer and if you do not want it, then you should contact the institute that's providing it and tell them you do not want it, so they can then offer it to someone who does want it.
    You don't have to if you don't want to. But they are asking people to do that, because too many people who don't want level 6/7 courses are holding the places, which means people that do want them can't get them.

Roger :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

anyone doing computer science in maynooth

ayumi wrote: »
    got no offers what to do
    • Repeat 6th year.
    • Wait for round 2 offers.
    • See if there are any spare places left in certain courses (you can check on CAO.ie, but you might have to wait a day or so...website has crashed:rolleyes:)
    Can't think of anything else.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

how do you know if you got one of the HEAR places??? i need to know cos the orientation programme is on the same day as my debs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Got first choice level 7, and first choice level 8!

And friends all got theirs'.

SUCH A DAY!

• Repeat 6th year.
    • See if there are any spare places left in certain courses (you can check on CAO.ie, but you might have to wait a day or so...website has crashed:rolleyes:)
    i cant really repeat as the points are so high and i dont think i will get them,i do 4 ord subjects and 3 higher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dubhcait

Me I got enough points for my first choice, Medicine in trinity but I wasn't offered it and I can't get throught to them by phone. the sight has now crashed again so im a little freaked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 swadgirl

got science education in dcu so happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

Got Science in UCD .. 3rd position on my list ... ;/
    Should i stay or should i go ............ :confused::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jennicork

Hey all :)

Got my 1st choice marketing in WIT :D
    congrads 2 everyone :p

Jen xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

• Repeat 6th year.

Do a PLC course. I didn't get any offers the first time and I wish I'd have done a PLC instead of repeating.

xo.mary wrote: »
    Do a PLC course. I didn't get any offers the first time and I wish I'd have done a PLC instead of repeating.
    i have searched but they are not science and I wanted to know where are these plcs done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Pred192

Does anyone have any info on the Applied Physics course at DCU? i got offered a place there but I was wishing for science at UCD or Trinity (points went soaring so left me hanging)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭DavidKelly1

I got my 7th choice :( *sigh*,, so ****ing disappointed as I worked my ass off the last 2 years!!. DAMN MY BIOLOGY EXAMINER!!. I got an A1 in the Mocks and was counting that as points, then ended up with a C1 even though I had a brilliant paper!!.

**** **** ****!!

& CAO website is down now "Due to Maintenance" Like the site is only used 2 days per year basically and they still can't keep it from crashing.... Idiots

I got my 7th choice :( *sigh*,, so ****ing disappointed as I worked my ass off the last 2 years!!. DAMN MY BIOLOGY EXAMINER!!. I got an A1 in the Mocks and was counting that as points, then ended up with a C1 even though I had a brilliant paper!!.

**** **** ****!!

& CAO website is down now "Due to Maintenance" Like the site is only used 2 days per year basically and they still can't keep it from crashing.... Idiots

Sorry to hear about that, i got the 10th spot on my list I was trying to get into engineering and had science as a backup, my math teacher screwed me over on my leaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ChristianLC

I didn't get my first choice (Business & Management - DIT) but I already knew after I finished the LC that I wasn't getting that course. However I thought I'd get my second choice which was a Business Administration course in NCI. I got enough points for it so it must have taken an increase in points this year.

I got accepted to ITB for a Business course so I'm happy with that. The past few days I've been hoping to get into college there so I'm glad that I did. I'm delighted now :D Are we all supposed to receive letters from the colleges we were accepted to today in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

whelpy wrote: »
    environmental and earth system sciences, ucc.
    Damn who'd have thought this would go down 30 points.

Let me know how that goes. It was my first choice, but I got far too few points. Nice to know it's not as much in demand as I had thought, though. One would assume environmental science would be taking off, what with the recession and the imminent demise of the planet.

Well done =].

Can anyone please help me and shed some light on this course? I researched it but I would love if someone can confirm with me about the course.

I wanted to get into engineering but I didn't get the result I needed in math. My other choices were science in UCD and Trinity where i would then choose to go into physics. But because of the massive increase in points (50 point jump for UCD) I got my last choice which was Applied Physics in DCU.

Can anyone please help me and confirm that I will still get a similar degree in this as I would if i went into physics through the science course in UCD or Trinity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Got my first choice journalism and new media with 20 points 2 spare! So so so so so happy right now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

IS there anywhere you can see all the points for all the courses? thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement