Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OFFERS! Did you get your first choice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Anyone having trouble accessing cao.ie should try http://gavreilly.com/cao2010

It's just a copy of the points from the cao site.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Got first choice, science in Trinity, absolutely delighted, can't wait to start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭microbio

ayumi wrote: »
    i have searched but they are not science and I wanted to know where are these plcs done?

You can do pre-university science in Colaiste Dhulaigh which is near Finglas in Dublin (may or may not suit you).
    http://www.colaistedhulaigh.ie/full-time-courses/science-and-technology/pre-university-science.php

They also do a Med Lab course
    http://www.colaistedhulaigh.ie/full-time-courses/science-and-technology/medical-laboratory-science.php

Friends of mine did these PLCs before they started in DIT and used their grades to get into DIT and spoke very highly of the college and PLC.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

Got my first choice, Primary Teaching in Mary I here I come:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Got Science in Trinity, my first choice :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

tictac__x wrote: »
    Got my first choice, Primary Teaching in Mary I here I come:)

If you or any new Mary Ier have any questions, I refer you to the Mary I sticky! (It's a bit hard to find). Well done tictac!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 400

SantryRed wrote: »
    IS there anywhere you can see all the points for all the courses? thanks.
    http://www2.cao.ie/points/2010_RND1_L8_XYZ.HTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

microbio wrote: »
    You can do pre-university science in Colaiste Dhulaigh which is near Finglas in Dublin (may or may not suit you).
    http://www.colaistedhulaigh.ie/full-time-courses/science-and-technology/pre-university-science.php

They also do a Med Lab course
    http://www.colaistedhulaigh.ie/full-time-courses/science-and-technology/medical-laboratory-science.php

Friends of mine did these PLCs before they started in DIT and used their grades to get into DIT and spoke very highly of the college and PLC.

Best of luck

I did that course this year, it's in Coolock not finglas. Starting DCU in September, no points needed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gleoite

Saaron wrote: »
    I got in to Dental Technology in Trinity and I remember they sent me out all the info etc before I event accepted. (I didn't actually accept the offer)
    oh my god im so jealous! i dearly wanted that course but didnt get accepted.... sigh.... i was even 100 points over! stupid 6 places...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Didnt get my no.1 ... or my first 6 actually. But got Computer Apps in DCU and am equally happy. IM GOING TO UNI BABY!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 die.Kat

well I got into my second Choice Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Creative Digital Media at Institute of Technology Blanchardstown but I really wanted to get into IADT - the points went up by 110 - insane.
    Gonna wait for a year, coz after that I'm a mature student and it may be easier to get in. Don't really have the money to go to Blanchardstown, but I didn't knew that when I applied. Still happy that I got in somewhere.
    Griffith College accepted me for BA in Photographic Media (HETAC), but they're too expensive.
    I am just happy that I got in somewhere.
    My Fb timeline only showed ppl without any offers, that was disappointing.

Btw if you didn't get in, go and do a PLC Course. They're amazing. Did one in Media Productions and the Course got me into these Colleges. Been originally from Germany and my A-Level is a bit screwed up, so it wasn't doing me any good. But with the help of FETAC I managed to get in - and I do hope that I can study at IADT next year. Just have to improve my portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

Hoozah; got my first choice of Arts at UCC with one hundred points to spare, something I never thought I'd be able to achieve. Well, not without repeating anyway. In the words of Clive Tyldesley when Liverpool equalized after being 3-0 down in the 2005 Uefa Champions' League final; ''Miracles are possible!''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Arts UCC aswell with 50points spare.. I'd sell them if I could.. What subjects are you doing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

For those who don't know, the CAO website was hacked.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0823/cao.html

Can we find the number of places available for a course this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Serbitar

I managed to mess up just about every exam I did, but somehow managed to come out with Environmental and Earth System Sciences, my first choice. Absolutely delighted.
    whelpy wrote: »
    environmental and earth system sciences, ucc.
    Damn who'd have thought this would go down 30 points.

See you there man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DiscoDisco

If i didnt get offered anything today, will i get anything at all?

The points for my Level 8 course are the same for the level 7 course :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

Dubhcait wrote: »
    Me I got enough points for my first choice, Medicine in trinity but I wasn't offered it and I can't get throught to them by phone. the sight has now crashed again so im a little freaked.

sorry to hear but you could have lost out to selection

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

cork*girl wrote: »
    Arts UCC aswell with 50points spare.. I'd sell them if I could.. What subjects are you doing?!

Congratulations. :) In First Year I think I'm going to do German, Spanish, European Studies and Religion & Global Diversity. What subjects will you be doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

brian1991 wrote: »
    Congratulations. :) In First Year I think I'm going to do German, Spanish, European Studies and Religion & Global Diversity. What subjects will you be doing?

Geography, History, Politics and Im not sure on a fourth.. Maybe English or else Religions and Global Diversity..Im not sure yet! When do we choose?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

History and Political Science in TCD :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

dannym08 wrote: »
    how do you know if you got one of the HEAR places??? i need to know cos the orientation programme is on the same day as my debs!!

Did you get a letter saying your applicable? If you did and it applies in your college then you have it! You will get a pack out with dates and stuff anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

primary teaching in Pats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Got my second choice level 8 and my first choice level 6-7

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

didn't get in cause of random selection,ffffuuuuuuuu

now i'll have to go through all of this again on wednesday week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

I Absolutely hate the CAO.
    I did the leaving last year, got 530, which was the points for RCSI pharmacy. My school forgot to tell the NUI that i was exempt from Irish and so had to rush around trying to fix everything, when i got my exemption cleared RCSI said "it came down to random selection anyway we can't offer you a place". Can't believe after all the reports of "21% drop in applicants to pharmacy" that the points have actually gone up this year (by 5).
    Could they not have offered me a deferred place or something for this year?
    Annoying how UCAS who looks after so many more applicants is a much more efficient system! None of this random selection crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

ye got arts in ucd wat an absolute gift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

DiscoDisco wrote: »
    If i didnt get offered anything today, will i get anything at all?

It means you can still get an offer from any of the courses you applied to in the second round.
    jfrmbray wrote: »
    didn't get in cause of random selection,ffffuuuuuuuu

now i'll have to go through all of this again on wednesday week :(
    fuuuuuuuuur.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DiscoDisco

Lady GaGa, i thank you.

Was sorta ****ting it here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Junior D wrote: »
    Dentistry in TCD, not first choice but hey i'm Dlighted

How do we find out course starting dates?

TCD freshers week is September 20th. Teaching starts on the 27th.
    Dubhcait wrote: »
    Me I got enough points for my first choice, Medicine in trinity but I wasn't offered it and I can't get throught to them by phone. the sight has now crashed again so im a little freaked.

Did you matriculate for it?
    Like, did you do well enough in Chemistry etc?

Hopefully you'll get it on the 2nd round...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

Got first choice, Architecture in DIT, now I have to convince my parents to let me go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement