Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OFFERS! Did you get your first choice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Cant believe how high medicine, dentistry and veterinary went this year! And so much for the massive drop expected in Pharmacy!!!
    Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted and to those who didnt, just breath, relax and consider all options. Dont feel pressured to accept a course if u dont have ur heart set in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

I got my first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

First choice undenominated engineering NUIG:D

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

astroguy wrote: »
    I got my first choice.

nice one! same-experimental physics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

cork*girl wrote: »
    Geography, History, Politics and Im not sure on a fourth.. Maybe English or else Religions and Global Diversity..Im not sure yet! When do we choose?!

I don't know exactly. 16 - 17 September maybe? Perhaps before. I'm trying to judge by this page; http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/orientation/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 paulrosswhelan

Yeah i did ;)
    computer security and digital forensics ;D
    Over the moon!
    My mother is distraught at the fact that im "leaving", its quiet hilarious :P
    Well Done to everyone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yup, English + New MEdia in UL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭UnionOfV

Got Elec Eng in UCC, dream course and all! Buzzin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MyHair

Woo!
    Got first choice of Information Technology in NUI galway! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭timsnewbridge

got theoretical physics in trinity it was my first choice, anybody else doing this course? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

Yeah got my first choice of Teaching in St.Pats........so happy!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭dog_pig

got theoretical physics in trinity it was my first choice, anybody else doing this course? :)

It was my first choice but I've missed out due to random selection! Have to wait for the second round now

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hatred

I was going to do theoretical physics but it looks rough so I went for regular physics in the science degree in trinity. And I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Law to decrease my ass!!! My course Law with French Law in UCD rose from 520 to 545. And 545 is exactly what I got!!!:eek: That was a close one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭timsnewbridge

dog_pig wrote: »
    It was my first choice but I've missed out due to random selection! Have to wait for the second round now
    thats very harsh poor luck, hope you get something good!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

Yeah I got my first choice, Music Technology in Maynooth.
    I'm thrilled!
    I can't wait to start already!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Nope I didn't :(:mad::( course jumped 80 pts from 470 to 550, I had 515 so pretty disappointed :(.........

However its now goodbye trinity and hello limerick!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i didnt get me first choice for arts in ucd so goin head to matter dei now do the irish studies and religion course hopefully i enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Caffro

Got my first choice, Computing at ITB!

Anyone else headed there?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

patrick151 wrote: »
    Yep, engineering in trinity here I come
    cya there bud! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

i think im the only one here doing earth and ocean science in NUIG??? Surely theres more out there like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

I got my jam making course, I was sh1ttin bricks last night, got no sleep at all. Really relieved right now.

Computer engineering or summit like that in UL, hope itll be decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I sort of never did enough work for my first choice. I'm more of a dreamer, I got my second choice which i'm just as happy with. :D Although i'm deferring....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Yes, I'm delighted. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

No, I didn't my first choice. I got my 5th choice which was really #2 since I had a few Laws down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Move_Ment

does anybody know how much points usually go down on second round? the course is pretty small, think 32 people and im 5 points off. reckon ill be okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

To be honest I think it depends on the course and the demand for it. Looking at last years points sheet a lot of courses stayed at the same points, while others dropped 5 or 10 points.

What course is it and I can check if it dropped last year in the second round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 katie007

Got my first choice :) commerce international- french in ucd. Anyone joining moi?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Move_Ment

Rafcam wrote: »
    To be honest I think it depends on the course and the demand for it. Looking at last years points sheet a lot of courses stayed at the same points, while others dropped 5 or 10 points.

What course is it and I can check if it dropped last year in the second round?

dt001, product design DIT

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Science in UCD :D
    Absolutely delighted!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement