Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So you've been accepted into NUIM 2010

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

I got an email from the accomdation office stating that it had to be paid by the 6th of september monday.
    I am also in river potters hall:)

WHAT?! :O I haven't heard anything from them! No email, no letter, nothing!
    I'm starting to panic now! I really hope I still have my place. Gonna give them a ring first thing in the morning!

That's awesome that you're in Pottor's Hall too though :) If I still have my place *crosses fingers* we'll be neighbours or maybe even roomies. Are they single sex apartments I wonder?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Rafcam wrote: »
    I'm starting to panic now! I really hope I still have my place. Gonna give them a ring first thing in the morning!

That's awesome that you're in Pottor's Hall too though :) If I still have my place *crosses fingers* we'll be neighbours or maybe even roomies. Are they single sex apartments I wonder?

River tend to be mixed

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Rafcam wrote: »

Yeah prob be best give them an old buzz if they said ya have it you prob have it.
    Ah we will be neighbours anyway ha:)
    as post above says heard from people in river apartments last year they to tend to be mixed alright.

I rang this morning and my accommodation is sorted now. Such a relief :)
    They sent the email but I didn't get it for some weird reason :/
    Ah well, it's all good now!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

Kaaatelyn wrote: »
    I got into Social Science this year but I'm commuting for the moment unfortunatly!
    I only live in Naas so its not too bad! Theres a good few buses and it's only about a 40 minute drive!
    yeah I heard about that..I'll probably be winging it alot trying to get home!:)

I drive and live in Kill :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

I only live in Naas so its not too bad! Theres a good few buses and it's only about a 40 minute drive!

40 minute? How slow do you drive? Naas has to be less than 20 mins from Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

itchyblood wrote: »
    40 minute? How slow do you drive? Naas has to be less than 20 mins from Maynooth.

Kill is roughly 25 minutes. I guess you could do the ball in Naas in a similar time, and that is without much traffic driving through Straffan.
    So, I guess it could be another 10-15 minutes to get through Naas depending on where in Naas you are, given the traffic in Naas can be quite heavy at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Kaaatelyn

itchyblood wrote: »

Im talking about the bus! I know people who get the bus every morning who say its 40-45 mins depending on traffic. Sure its 20 minutes to Clane so it makes sense!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xXxSKxXx

I shall be! :)

What number?
    I'm in 11... what about you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

xXxSKxXx wrote: »
    I'm in 11... what about you?

Number 3! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 toby92

Im in mullin too :D, anyway my orientation starts thursday would it be better to move in wednesday evening 5/6ish or whatever or should i wait till thursday morning before orientation starts?

toby92 wrote: »
    Im in mullin too :D, anyway my orientation starts thursday would it be better to move in wednesday evening 5/6ish or whatever or should i wait till thursday morning before orientation starts?

I start Thursday too and I'm moving in the night before just in case I end up running late or having any problems getting my key or whatever you have to do to move in. Plus the Orientation and Registration start at like 9 so it would be quite an early start. Whichever suits you best though, that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I'm moving in tomorrow and orientation for me is on Thurs & Fri aswell, can't WAIT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Know this is an old thread but just looking through here and have applied to Maynooth and if I get in I am really worried over transport. I'm in Robertstown and hope to God there is some kind of bus going to Maynooth or its going to be a very long walk each morning or I risk getting a lift off the next Fred West. Its unreal in this day and age how if don't drive and have the misfourtune of living in the arse hole of knowhere your life choices are shaped by the lack of transport. I hope there is buses but you have given me some hope. If anyone reads this and has taken the bus from this area of around it whats the service like? Reliable etc? Thanks :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Know this is an old thread but just looking through here and have applied to Maynooth and if I get in I am really worried over transport. I'm in Robertstown and hope to God there is some kind of bus going to Maynooth or its going to be a very long walk each morning or I risk getting a lift off the next Fred West. Its unreal in this day and age how if don't drive and have the misfourtune of living in the arse hole of knowhere your life choices are shaped by the lack of transport. I hope there is buses but you have given me some hope. If anyone reads this and has taken the bus from this area of around it whats the service like? Reliable etc? Thanks :eek:

Yeah there is a bus that serves Robertstown. Seems to be only once in the morning and once in the evening though? There may be another service but this is all I could find!
    http://www.nuim.ie/location/allenwood-maynooth.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

If you can get someone to give you a lift to and from Clane there are also regular buses through there

http://www.nuim.ie/location/carlow-maynooth.shtml

Yeah the buses from Clane are handy, €4 each way and takes like 20 mins.
    If you can't get a lift to Clane, even if you could get one to Allenwood or somewhere like that, and get the 120 bus to Clane, it'd make it a bit easier. It'd still be a bit of a trek though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Thanks everyone, I had a look at that bus from Clane where does it stop? That might be an option. It all depends on what the timetable for the day is I suppose maybe I'll need all day to catch up on everything! Its kind of embarrising as I'm 28 but you know driving is expensive. Anyway thanks everyone this place is fast for replys should have come on sooner!:)

Thanks everyone, I had a look at that bus from Clane where does it stop? That might be an option. It all depends on what the timetable for the day is I suppose maybe I'll need all day to catch up on everything! Its kind of embarrising as I'm 28 but you know driving is expensive. Anyway thanks everyone this place is fast for replys should have come on sooner!:)

8.25 stops across from esso beside the photo shop on the kilcock road, all later buses stop outside esso as if going towards celbridge/dublin
    Coming back the 1.00pm bus goes from near the SU, all later buses leave from just beside aldi.

Also, there are people of all ages getting the bus to college, don't worry! :)

Advertisement