Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Registration

• 23-08-2010 8:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi just got my first choice in DIT! Very happy.. :)

Just curious as to when we can register.. and how?? I presume we do it online.... Any info would help :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liambob1

congrats and welcome! No, second years and above register online first years do it during induction, that's the first week when you go in get tours meet your course tutor and the rest of your course. :) feel free to ask anything else and again, welcome to the best college in the country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

liambob1 wrote: »
    congrats and welcome! No, second years and above register online first years do it during induction, that's the first week when you go in get tours meet your course tutor and the rest of your course. :) feel free to ask anything else and again, welcome to the best college in the country!

Oh thank you so much! I figured it was online, but now I can relax! Really looking forward to beginning :) yay!!!

you will get your info pack in the next few days and you will clearly recognize it, last year it was a giant shiny gold envelope with dit written all over it

liambob1 wrote: »
    you will get your info pack in the next few days and you will clearly recognize it, last year it was a giant shiny gold envelope with dit written all over it

oooh that sounds really fancy, hope it comes soon :)
    Any idea when orientation is?

13/09/10 1st Years commence including Orientation, Induction

• Advertisement

Oh cool, thought it might be around then.
    That's not too far away either :)

then in the next week teaching commences and also I believe its.... FRESHERS WEEK WOOOOO! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Snoochiboochies

I got accepted to Dit too!! woop woop!!

Cant believe it starts so soon!!

What course did you get accepted on?

I got Photography in Temple Bar... cant wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Got my letter this morning, no "giant shiny gold envelope" just a plain white one - cut backs eh !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Accepted my offer last night - Culinary Arts :D. Super dooper excited about it now. The hunt for accommodation begins....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Snoochiboochies

Anyone interested in looking for a two or three bed appartment to share?
    Relocating in the next three weeks..from Cork!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

Chorcai wrote: »
    Got my letter this morning, no "giant shiny gold envelope" just a plain white one - cut backs eh !

shame. those gold ones last year were deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

waiting for my letter

• Registered Users Posts: 46 orangeparrot

waiting for mine too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭ShamrockGirl

Chorcai wrote: »

Perhaps it is because if the cutbacks but I remember last year the white one came first with registration information then the 'Gold' envelope with a pen, diary, campus life dvd and other general information. :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

Hey folks
    i was accepted for advanced entry but was just wondering if ill get a registration pack aswell?

Still haven't got a letter about registration, hope it comes soon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Just got mine today!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Rahc

Perhaps it is because if the cutbacks but I remember last year the white one came first with registration information then the 'Gold' envelope with a pen, diary, campus life dvd and other general information. :):)

They always have a shiny envelope for the induction info. When I went into first year it was metallic blue.. I was so excited opening it! Those were the days :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Hi All and congrats on getting into DIT.

The shiny Induction Welcome packs will be posted out on Monday - once we have the list of all students who have accepted their CAO offer. Advanced entry / fetac students should also get a pack. This year we've gone with a zebra print theme (!! don't ask me - but apparently Zebra print is IN :)) So watch out for a Zebra patterned envelope in the post next week!

We're looking forward to you starting here!

In the meantime you can have a look at the Campus Lif Youtube channel - some good videos up there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DITcampusLife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Just to answer some of the questions on Registration - the Registrations Office folk asked me to post this on Boards.

Full-time students returning to DIT in September 2010 - How do I register?
    Returning full-time students will be sent an invitation to register by email. The email will be sent to your DIT email account containing your Registration PIN which allows you to register and pay your fees on-line. Emails are being sent from 18th August until 27th August.
    Don't panic if you do not receive your email on the 18th - we will get to you. Just check your email regularly over this period. If you have not used your DIT email account for 60 days it may have expired. If you get this error wait 15 minutes to allow it to re-enable and just try to login again. Visit DIT's registration service website for all information you will need to register www.dit.ie/registration

1st Year Fulltime students Registering at DIT
    All 1st year full-time students offered a place at DIT will receive an Invitation to Register in the post. When you receive this letter you must log on to our website, register and pay your fees on-line. Visit DIT's registration service website for all information you need to register www.dit.ie/registration. You will find details on our website www.dit.ie/registration as to when you should collect your ID card and attend induction for your programme. CAO Round 1 offer letters will be posted from 27th August next, Round 2, Round 3 etc will follow later in September. Please be patient we will get your letter to you as fast as we can.

Hope that answers some of your questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

campuslife wrote: »
    Just to answer some of the questions on Registration - the Registrations Office folk asked me to post this on Boards.

Full-time students returning to DIT in September 2010 - How do I register?
    Returning full-time students will be sent an invitation to register by email. The email will be sent to your DIT email account containing your Registration PIN which allows you to register and pay your fees on-line. Emails are being sent from 18th August until 27th August.
    Don't panic if you do not receive your email on the 18th - we will get to you. Just check your email regularly over this period. If you have not used your DIT email account for 60 days it may have expired. If you get this error wait 15 minutes to allow it to re-enable and just try to login again. Visit DIT's registration service website for all information you will need to register www.dit.ie/registration

1st Year Fulltime students Registering at DIT
    All 1st year full-time students offered a place at DIT will receive an Invitation to Register in the post. When you receive this letter you must log on to our website, register and pay your fees on-line. Visit DIT's registration service website for all information you need to register www.dit.ie/registration. You will find details on our website www.dit.ie/registration as to when you should collect your ID card and attend induction for your programme. CAO Round 1 offer letters will be posted from 27th August next, Round 2, Round 3 etc will follow later in September. Please be patient we will get your letter to you as fast as we can.

Hope that answers some of your questions!

hey, as regards paying the fees, i got a letter of the council today saying i will be getting the full grant. what will i do?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

campuslife wrote: »
    Hi All and congrats on getting into DIT.

The shiny Induction Welcome packs will be posted out on Monday - once we have the list of all students who have accepted their CAO offer. Advanced entry / fetac students should also get a pack. This year we've gone with a zebra print theme (!! don't ask me - but apparently Zebra print is IN :)) So watch out for a Zebra patterned envelope in the post next week!

We're looking forward to you starting here!

In the meantime you can have a look at the Campus Lif Youtube channel - some good videos up there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DITcampusLife

Hey, do you know what the story is for postgrads? I'll be starting a masters in September - when will we hear something about registering? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

Hey, I got accepted into retail and services management! quite happy :) but doesn't seem like anyone is doing it, don't know a single person!
    Does anyone have any information about this course? I really don't know what to expect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

emmacxxx wrote: »
    Hey, I got accepted into retail and services management! quite happy :) but doesn't seem like anyone is doing it, don't know a single person!
    Does anyone have any information about this course? I really don't know what to expect!

Firstly don't panic when I accepted my course back in the day I was like "OMG I will have no friends! I don't know anyone starting FML!"

It ended up I made some of my best friends on the first few days and 2 people from my year in school were in my class.

My friend did Retail and Services Management (or something similar) in DIT and is now works in fashion buying for a big company!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

Hey, thanks so much..feel a lot better now! I know so many people going to DIT in general doing business courses there as well so it should be all good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kittyoshea

KidKeith89 wrote: »
    Hey, do you know what the story is for postgrads? I'll be starting a masters in September - when will we hear something about registering? Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. It's been so long since I accepted my offer of a place I'm beginning to think they have forgotten about me!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Does anyone know if the timetables that are online now are this years or last years? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

*giggles* wrote: »
    Accepted my offer last night - Culinary Arts :D. Super dooper excited about it now. The hunt for accommodation begins....

Snap, though, I moved here a few months back.

Advertisement