Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my offer...now what?

• 23-08-2010 8:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Morning, everyone!

Hope you're all well today, I hope that you got the offer you were hoping for, or if not, the determination needed to work towards what you want.

Personally I'm chuffed as I got into my first choice, Medicine in Trinity.

What I wanted to ask you, is what do I do now?

I have to pay registration fees. I have to register. But won't someone from Trinity tell me what I have to do, how, and when?

I'm looking around on their website but it's a bit of a maze.

If they're sending me written stuff, it's gonna take a while ( I live outside Ireland (still in the EU, though)). No emails have come in yet.

So if anyone has any idea of how I should go about stuff, please let me know!

Thanks for reading.

tl;dr : Got Med in Trinners, wat do ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Saermegil wrote: »
    Morning, everyone!

Hope you're all well today, I hope that you got the offer you were hoping for, or if not, the determination needed to work towards what you want.

Personally I'm chuffed as I got into my first choice, Medicine in Trinity.

What I wanted to ask you, is what do I do now?

I have to pay registration fees. I have to register. But won't someone from Trinity tell me what I have to do, how, and when?

I'm looking around on their website but it's a bit of a maze.

If they're sending me written stuff, it's gonna take a while ( I live outside Ireland (still in the EU, though)). No emails have come in yet.

So if anyone has any idea of how I should go about stuff, please let me know!

Thanks for reading.

tl;dr : Got Med in Trinners, wat do ?

You accept it through the CAO and Trinity will be on to you with the paperwork shortly. Essentially your acceptance confirms you are attending the college so the CAO will notify Trinity of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Saermegil

But paperwork has to be sent over the mail, and this could take a long time - it's happened before .No online literature ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

But paperwork has to be sent over the mail, and this could take a long time - it's happened before .No online literature ?

chill, they will post you more than everything you will need to set yourself up.
    if you gave the cao your email you could even be contacted through that soon.

that goes for everyone who doesn't know what to do next, the answer is, as it has been for everything since your last exam, sit tight and wait for a large body to inform you of what your doing next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

All you need to worry about right now is making sure you've accepted your CAO offer. Your registration stuff will probably be sent through the post, but you'll have it sorted well before lectures start (which is usually mid-september).

Congrats on the course by the way, that's pretty incredible!

Thanks for the advice everyone- I have accepted the offer, now I'm just waiting for further instructions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Thanks for the advice everyone- I have accepted the offer, now I'm just waiting for further instructions!

The colleges are pretty efficient at this stuff to be fair. Way back when before the CAO was online, I got my UL literature through the door the same day as the CAO offer, so I knew by the big UL postmark what course I had before I opened the CAO offer :D I suspect the colleges have a list of all the students who are offered places before you get the offer and are ready to go with the registration materials asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Trinity's orientation week doesn't start until the 20th of September, which is later than many colleges, so don't worry if people you know from who are going to other colleges get stuff in the post sooner than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Orientation information for TCD is all online (or will be in the coming days).
    You can find it here, OP: ~~~.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Brainy

Orientation packs are due to begin going out from Trinity tomorrow (Tues) so you should receive it shortly. It will tell exactly what you have to do and give you contact numbers in case you have any queries

I still haven't received any info... But I'm still worried about the registration fees... I think I have to pay by the end of August, so I have to get going with the payment. Does anyone have any info on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I still haven't received any info... But I'm still worried about the registration fees... I think I have to pay by the end of August, so I have to get going with the payment. Does anyone have any info on this?

Relax - if the info packs just got posted yesterday and you are outside Ireland like you said then there is no way you were ever going to receive anything today. Give it until friday would be my advice.

Thanks!

I actually just found a .pdf with everything I need - forms, how to pay etc. and it just says I have to pay before registration, so no worries there.

Thanks for the advice, I guess it's just being out of the country while so many other people are getting ready.

Advertisement