Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to NCI 2010??

• 23-08-2010 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey just got my offer today!! :) Going to NCI to do Computing. Is anyone else going to NCI to do computing or any other course??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

Me too.I got an offer from NCI for computing course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You'll be fine, its a small enough college, you have to pay a levy for the gym and possibly USI, enjoy freshers week and try to get involved in clubs and societies

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

got computing too.
    I'm looking forward to it :)
    anything a newbie needs to know for there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

nothing major just enjoy it all

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NemoisBack

Im happy I did a PLC course in computer systems and networks this year to get into NCI at least i have a small idea of wat im doin!! :) Jus gonna enjoy the experience see you guys there!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

Are we going to learn any language during this course?I already know some php, html, css and basics about java and c++ .

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Frankie7

Got a place in HR Management. Can't wait to start. Hearing great things about the college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Doing Business lvl 6 Two Year course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

Hope you have a great time in the college. Its a great college and you'll make friends very quickly. And Freshers Week is going to be absolutely epic. Example are playing and there is always something going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nicechick

Im goin here too! dont know anyone whol be goin but from what i see seems like a great college!anyone goin living on campus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

nicechick wrote: »
    Im goin here too! dont know anyone whol be goin but from what i see seems like a great college!anyone goin living on campus?

Wont be living on campus..

What course you doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Its a great college. I'm finished my first year in Computing and I got a summer placement in ESB's IT Department. Yeah!!

Computing course is full of the soundest blokes you'll know...
    HR/Accounting is ful of babes....

There are great nights out organised and the Freshers week, Which I highly recommend you all attend, is excellent for getting to know people and setting yourself up socially for the year.

Yes theres a mandatory membership to the gym, but its only €80 for the year....Where would you beat that?

Anyway lads and ladies I hope you all enjoy your first day and year at NCI.

Ciao,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nicechick

accounting and hr :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

i accepted nc003 computing. how is this course? i cant wait for it to start

Advertisement