Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st and second choice mess.

• 23-08-2010 8:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

Been offered my 1st and second choices but since i made them i have had a complete change of mind in where i want to go with my life.

What can i do ??? Can i get other courses other than those left on the CAO list ??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

If you have enough points you could not accept anything this year and then apply through the CAO next year and apply to different courses. Waiting a year could be annoying though, maybe look for PLC courses if possible..?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

Been offered my 1st and second choices but since i made them i have had a complete change of mind in where i want to go with my life.

What can i do ??? Can i get other courses other than those left on the CAO list ??

Thanks.

Ive the same problem. End result: Im heading to Pats, a teaching college. At the end of July I emailed Maynooth and the CAO saying I made a mistake and that I really wanted my second choice which was arts in maynooth. Nothing either could do. The points were dude to rise so I though grand Ill get maynooth. The points for pats dropped and I was landed with it. I emailed both again asking if I could change my course. Again, nothing they could do. All I can say is re-apply or apply for a transfer but either way your waiting til next yr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Thanks.

You can't do anything about it. The way the CAO see it is, your first choice was the course you wanted above all other courses and you were offered that, so to offer you a course lower down the list would mess up the whole system. So you have two choices:

1. Accept your first choice offer
    2. Reject your first choice offer in the knowledge that you will not get any other offers and reapply next year. You could do a PLC or work or do something else in the meantime.

Advertisement