Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao website down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Galway_Girl767

PowerTaxi wrote: »
    I just thought it was hilarious.
    Aw i guess thats a good way of looking at it!! Cant change anthing now!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

is there anywhere online you can see how many points were required for each course this year?

Here's the level 8's. http://www2.cao.ie/points/2010_RND1_L8_XYZ.HTM

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KayTea13

Now its saying this!!

Maintenance Notice

Due to maintenance work, the CAO web site is currently unavailable.
    We apologise for the inconvenience.

Can't get in at all!! Inconvenience is such an understatement!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

KayTea13 wrote: »
    Now its saying this!!

Maintenance Notice

Due to maintenance work, the CAO web site is currently unavailable.
    We apologise for the inconvenience.

Can't get in at all!! Inconvenience is such an understatement!:mad:

Yeah that just showed up on mine too.....wonder how long it's going to last. How annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

is there anywhere online you can see how many points were required for each course this year?

http://irishtimes.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

Go to page 7 & 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Mine's just saying: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage :mad: Been trying for ages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Just checked the post and got a letter saying I didn't get an offer. Not an issue as I had decided not to pay €5.8k for the year!

Still though, looking at my CAO application from 2007 and it says I got 430 points, yet I didn't get an offer for any of my choices, which had entries of:

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Site crash was just on RTE news... it looks like cao.ie was attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Cyber attack lol

More like "we can't handle the capacity of requests right now"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

http://www2.cao.ie/points/2010_RND1_L8_XYZ.HTM#gyd

I seriously hope the entire cao team are working on getting it back on!! seriously not acceptable! I mean, 46,000 ppl's lives are hanging in the balance here!! just let me accept my dam course!!!:mad:

Mine's working up to a point.....It's letting me go into the site but when i click on "my application" it doesn't show anything. Just a blank screen

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

To be honest, the more likely of the two is that they can't handle the traffic.

Regardless, I payed and anyone else in the country who payed for a CAO application payed 45 quid. The CAO bloody well knew they would be inundated with site traffic, thus, they should have been prepared for "the floods".

45 quid. Its an absolute sham.....

The word's piss-up, and brewery come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KayTea13

Seriously, this is the one important thing they have to do all year, and they can't even get this right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

So its a Malicious attack on the website....Best idea for people to do is walk to the shops and look at the paper!!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/malicious-attack-crashes-cao-site-470431.html

This is actually really annoying. I mean i wouldn't mind as much if i had my post but even that isn't coming on time today.....it had to be today of all days haha

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

The bastardin thing is still down and i've been trying all morning. what an absolute joke, they'd want to get their **** together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,081 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'm not sure who this is useful to, but a public-spirited blogger has put this year's course points online.

http://gavreilly.com/cao2010/

EDIT: Dammit, I shouldn't have done rewritten the intro. Pipped by Johnnymcg.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

The thing is those sites are useless for people waiting on random selection points! As if it wasn't bad enough for them without this hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin_mulhern

came back there for a few seconds fml

I'm not sure who this is useful to, but a public-spirited blogger has put this year's course points online.

http://gavreilly.com/cao2010/

EDIT: Dammit, I shouldn't have done rewritten the intro. Pipped by Johnnymcg.
    More like he's ripped it off to try and get a bit of promotion for his blog/site. That part of the CAO site has always worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DiscoDisco

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Point for a Level 8 Retail Management course is the same as the Level 6 course, is that right? :confused:

it's back up folks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

No its not?

Rossie17 wrote: »
    No its not?

well i just got on and accepted my course

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭WillyWaggler

orlabobs wrote: »
    it's back up folks! :)

Won't let me log in.