Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film production Grand Canal Dublin

Options
  • 23-08-2010 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

While walking up the grand canal this morning I saw a pretty large film production crew. A lot of trailers and buses were parked the length of the canal. It's definitely not a Fair City type job, it looked pretty big budget. Does anyone know what it was?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Same thing happening on upper mount st.

Large trailers, trucks.

Can't find anything on google about it.
    Probably some small independant film..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Tanya Tate back in town, is she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It could be the new Easter Rising movie "Easter Rising" formerly known as "Easter Sixteen". I believe production is supposed to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Steven Soderbergh was making a film in Dublin recently. Although I'm pretty sure that's wrapped production at this stage. It's probably the film 'This Must Be The Place.' My flatmate spotted Sean Penn in Samsara two weeks ago. He's the star of that film, and it was slated to shoot here. So that's probably it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Guided By Voices

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Steven Soderbergh was making a film in Dublin recently. Although I'm pretty sure that's wrapped production at this stage. It's probably the film 'This Must Be The Place.' My flatmate spotted Sean Penn in Samsara two weeks ago. He's the star of that film, and it was slated to shoot here. So that's probably it.

This is what it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement