Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen Disco

Options
  • 23-08-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

The Grand Hotel are having a Teen Disco tonight?

My son and a couple of his friends are going.

Anyone got any experience of it, things a parent should be aware of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

How old is your son?

Granted its been easily a decade if not more since I was at one (good old Kill disco) but security is usually very tight so I wouldn't be overly worried about drink or drugs.

Now, having said that 10 years ago they were pretty wild on the trashy girl front and judging from what I see these days I wouldn't say the young ladies who go their are saving themselves for marriage. so keep that in mind.

If your lad is a good young fella I wouldn't worry about him at all as IMHO trouble usually only finds people looking for it and even if he is a bit wild I'd ay he'll be grand.

maybe a double standard but if I had a son i'd let him go to one whenever he wanted to go and if I had a daughter she wouldn't be let out till her wedding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

He'll be 15 next week and discovered cailini at the Gaelteacht this summer ;)

Earlier in the year I was entering the Grand Hotel when there was a queue of teens going into the disco and I did notice that security was strict which is reassuring. Anyone that had the slightest hint of alcohol wasn't allowed in.

My son and his friends will be dropped out and we'll wait until he's inside and we intend to get there about 20 mins before it's over just to see if there are any shenanigans going on outside the hotel.

He's a good lad so far and is looking forward to it. God I feel old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

They still do Teen discos!?

The mum that dropped them out reckons the boys were terrified when they saw the young ones going in dressed with nothing left to the imagination, said they went very quiet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ha ha,

Jesus it's but a distant memory but I think it was truly terrifing when I went to my first one.

The Parish priest has a vendetta against it too so it added another thrill defying the church :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

ziedth wrote: »
    The Parish priest has a vendetta against it too so it added another thrill defying the church :)
    "The bishop didn't like the craic, and the dj left the town...." :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Hi DeiseMum!

How did he get on ? I happened to be outside once when teen-oxygen was on in town and couldnt believe what those little ones were wearing!!:eek:I wont be leaving my daughter out till shes 21!!:Dhaha

He liked it but all the lads said the music was sh1te, mostly 70's and 80's music and very little modern music.

I didn't hear any mention of girls but he wants to go to the next one. :D

I'll compare notes with the other mothers in a few days.

Advertisement