Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this address exist?

Options
  • 23-08-2010 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

just wondering is this an actual address?
    no.x dyke rd, galway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

fifib wrote: »
    just wondering is this an actual address?
    no.x dyke rd, galway

Possibly..aren't there a set of apartments on Dyke Road beside that water station place?..not the treatment plant but the smaller place near Terryland Park and the little bridge?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

snubbleste wrote: »
    yes.

can you tell me where I would find it along the dyke road? I thought all houses on dyke road were off in estates so such a basic address seemed odd to me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Look at a map!

See the attachment for clues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

can you tell me where I would find it along the dyke road? I thought all houses on dyke road were off in estates so such a basic address seemed odd to me

Simple way is to walk or drive it. There are maybe 10/12 addresses tops that are Dyke Road. All the others are as you said small estates off the Dyke road. From the bridge beside Terryland soccer park up to the right turn that will bring you down to the Menlo park hotel is a 10 minute walk and all 10/12 addresses are within that area.

thanks guys. we found a dog last night and hes registered to a house along that road. we rang them but they dont seem to know anything about their lost dog or the owner and the vet thought the address may be fake then. will take a spin up there later and try to find house

thanks guys. we found a dog last night and hes registered to a house along that road. we rang them but they dont seem to know anything about their lost dog or the owner and the vet thought the address may be fake then. will take a spin up there later and try to find house

Ah sorry, I jumped to conclusions and thought you were a student looking for accomodation. It probably belongs to someone in the houses up past Terryland Park on your way to Menlo in on the left. They seem more like family homes. Best of luck, hope the dog gets a way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

OP, just wondering if the dog has a German Shepard look. A friends dog went missing months ago from Dyke rd, and think the tag had a phone no for family there on it.

inisboffin wrote: »
    OP, just wondering if the dog has a German Shepard look. A friends dog went missing months ago from Dyke rd, and think the tag had a phone no for family there on it.

no sorry this little fella is a black labrador, less than a year old we reckon. collar but no tag. we brought him to vet this morning and hes microchipped but we cannot get through to the owners. were going to call to house later. we found him on dublin rd near Renmore so he was a long way from home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

ring the post office and ask to meet the postman who delivers that route

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

amen wrote: »
    ring the post office and ask to meet the postman who delivers that route

I am sure he has nothing better to do.
    most houses on that road have a name. could also be lakewood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

I wouldn't think the address is fake if someone went to the expense of microchipping their dog. Also, I'm sure they must be missing him. Check with the taxi drivers - they should know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

actually go up to crestwood and into geraghtys foodstore. oliver G knows most people and places in the area and you could even leave a poster with him.

we never found the house but we did reunited the dog with its owner. we asked a woman walking the dyke rd with a dog if she knew the area and straight away she recognised the dog but the owners had moved from the area and never bothered to update the chip.anyways a few phone calls later we got the new address. we dont think the owners even missed the dog claiming he wanders off on a regular occurance (making his way to Moycullen at one stage) but the dog seemed happy to be home again and i had to drive a very :( bf home who in the space of 24hrs had gotten very attached to the little fella!

Thanks guys for all your help!

we never found the house but we did reunited the dog with its owner. we asked a woman walking the dyke rd with a dog if she knew the area and straight away she recognised the dog but the owners had moved from the area and never bothered to update the chip.anyways a few phone calls later we got the new address. we dont think the owners even missed the dog claiming he wanders off on a regular occurance (making his way to Moycullen at one stage) but the dog seemed happy to be home again and i had to drive a very :( bf home who in the space of 24hrs had gotten very attached to the little fella!

My old dog was the exact same way. He'd disappear for days on end, but he always came back so we never worried. One day he came back with a really bad limp - this worried us greatly because he had only one back leg, and if he had damaged it, we would have to put him down. So we took him to the vet and got him checked out - as it turns out there was a bitch in heat somewhere and he had strained himself a little too much.

What a pimp.

Glad the dog was reunited with their owners. Were they pleased to have him back?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Well done Fifi! I'm amazed the owners weren't missing their dog. Any time any of ours ever went wandering (which thankfully wasn't that often) we always downed tools and went looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

The stronger the love/bond a person has with a dog, the greater the effort they make to retrieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Fuinseog wrote: »
    I am sure he has nothing better to do.
    most houses on that road have a name. could also be lakewood

why, maybe he is a dog lover..

The stronger the love/bond a person has with a dog, the greater the effort they make to retrieve it.

Not necessarily true - I understand totally why they didn't know the dog was missing - in my post above, my old dog used to go missing for days but always came back and we loved him more than anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Not necessarily true - I understand totally why they didn't know the dog was missing - in my post above, my old dog used to go missing for days but always came back and we loved him more than anything.
    Did you not get worried? Whenever any of our dogs went missing, even just for an hour or two, we'd always go looking for them. Mind you, we always had females. Maybe male dogs are more inclined to wander?

Malice_ wrote: »
    Did you not get worried? Whenever any of our dogs went missing, even just for an hour or two, we'd always go looking for them. Mind you, we always had females. Maybe male dogs are more inclined to wander?

No, he was very much his own .. er .. dog, coming and going as he pleased. I guess we weren't too worried because he was well known by the whole village that I grew up in, so if anything ever happened to him, we'd find out about it straight away from one of the locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lorin1234567

funny thing is I have a close friend who is lesbian and lives on Dyke Road :D

Advertisement