Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Following Forums and Threads (Warning screen shots within - big images)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

MY preferred way to keep track of my threads was to go to User CP and a list of threads I'd posted in was there. THis seems to ahve gone and I no longer know when threads are updated. There follow fourms are there wright enough but I want to see what threads have new posting !?!?!

I am doing something wrong or did ye ?? :P

:confused:

They're still there for me. I'm using the Grey skin, maybe that makes a difference.
    Dav wrote: »
    It's not, but we couldn't think of a better alternative.

That said, it may well become a word because we're not the only ones using it :)

Not to be pedantic about it (:pac:) but when you click Unfollow it still says "Your subscription to this thread has been removed". Don't know if this would lead to confusion or not but just though I'd point it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye 'my forums' and 'my threads' are listed one under the other in that page: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Davy wrote: »
    Ye 'my forums' and 'my threads' are listed one under the other in that page: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php

Well its not working right for me. Sometime in the last day or two I've 'lost' my followed threads from there. That is its not listing all my followed threads when they are updated. THou it is listing some - this one for example.

Incidentally this has happened once or twice before many months ago. For no apparetnt reason I've lost all my followed threads. Its very annoying. I haven't done anything different

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its probably something local to you, you might think of dumping Temporary Internet Files or clearing your cache. I cant imagine what help that will be but it certainly sounds like the sort of thing that is fixed by those actions...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

DeVore wrote: »
    Its probably something local to you, you might think of dumping Temporary Internet Files or clearing your cache. I cant imagine what help that will be but it certainly sounds like the sort of thing that is fixed by those actions...

DeV.

ok thanks Dev. Could it be cause if I cleared my cookies or something I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kev7329

I dont actually go on to the front page as i normally have User control panel on one tab & it updates it self, but i'll give it a go as it seems to list all of your threads as i have several folders in usercp for diff forums/threads

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dav wrote: »
    It's not, but we couldn't think of a better alternative.

That said, it may well become a word because we're not the only ones using it :)
    Depart forum
    Leave forum
    Ban self from forum (:))

......screw it, I'm writing to Merriam-Webster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Friend Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

no faceboards!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I miss the little "first unread post" arrows next to threads. They're still there if you go to the forum first, but they're not in the "my forums" list.

They make browsing on a phone very easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Xiney wrote: »
    I miss the little "first unread post" arrows next to threads. They're still there if you go to the forum first, but they're not in the "my forums" list.

They make browsing on a phone very easy.

When you're using m.boards, if you just click on the title of the thread, it brings you to the first unread post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

The email notifications still refer to subscription rather than watching or My Forums

Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from updates to this thread, please visit this page:
    http://boards.ie/tsr/1459086/075a1f35ba48ca3d2a1d4698f9647225

To unsubscribe from ALL thread updates, please visit this page:
    http://boards.ie/tsra

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Actually that's intentional; you can follow a forum or thread without receiving email notifications and email related nomenclature is still subscribe/unsubscribe on the wider web.

We didn't think it was a good idea to change that.

Advertisement