Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that make you shout out in pain

• 23-08-2010 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭OptimashPrime

this may also be mental pain/anguish.

physical~ standing on an upturned plug

mental~ the lady before me at the ATM machine cant find her card

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Weird guys who appear to be shouting at people at ATMs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭OptimashPrime

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Weird guys who appear to be shouting at people at ATMs

im a girl *flicks hair*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

PHYSICAL- Being tied up in a dungeon and being whipped to within an inch of your life by a dominatrix in a mask while you wear a gimp-suit and a ball in your mouth.

MENTAL- Discovering the dominatrix is in fact your own mother--cue awkward silence followed by vomiting and uncontrollable rocking back and forth

Paper cuts, dont ever underestimate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Physical: Stubbing your toe.
    Mental: Remembering dumb **** ive done from the night before when hungover.

• Advertisement

Dean09 wrote: »
    PHYSICAL- Being tied up in a dungeon and being whipped to within an inch of your life by a dominatrix in a mask while you wear a gimp-suit and a ball in your mouth.

MENTAL- Discovering the dominatrix is in fact your own mother--cue awkward silence followed by vomiting and uncontrollable rocking back and forth

woah ! thats a bad one heh heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Getting flicked every so gently but sharply in the balls!

There's a 5 second gap after it happens where you know the pain is coming.... the terror sets in.......... you think "Oh God, i really wish someone had just kicked me really hard instead".........you know it's coming........ and you know there's nothing you ........can do to stop it..........

and then........ OOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Standing on an up-turned plug..

MrStuffins wrote: »

There's a 5 second gap after it happens where you know the pain is coming.... the terror sets in.......... you think "Oh God, i really wish someone had just kicked me really hard instead".........you know it's coming........ and you know there's nothing you ........can do to stop it..........

i can only imagine,im not sure anything compares for a woman

• Advertisement

i can only imagine,im not sure anything compares for a woman

Probably not being to iron for like.... a week.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Hangnail and petrol/salt

Probably not being to iron for like.... a week.....

i iron them as i need them love, only way

Sam Vimes wrote: »

how very very dare you, i would never wear lace :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Hitting the middle of ur shin off something.

While playing football, you go in for a tackle with another player.

You both get there at the same time and both your kneecaps crack off each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

My mouse is on is on it's last legs and the cursor just decides every so often to go on a walkabout on my screen and not do what I'm very kindly requesting it to do. Drives me up the wall! Have actually shouted in frustration when tabbing doesn't work. Have found that smashing it on the table once or twice releases the demons living inside it but only for a little while.

And yes - I should buy a new mouse and they don't cost very much but living day to day as it is on 'de dole' (didn't see that 'who want's €100 thread in time).

But just confirmed a new job after 2 years out of work with a long term illness so happy days :D

Realising that my start date falls a few days before my cousin's wedding abroad so I can't go is also very painful, but not in the 'I'm gonna throw this thing out the fudging window in a minute' sense.

standing at luggage collection in the airport and realizing that the last bag came out 20 minutes ago, yes, yours is missing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Getting in kicked in the liathróidí! :(

lilminx wrote: »
    My mouse is on is on it's last legs and the cursor just decides every so often to go on a walkabout on my screen and not do what I'm very kindly requesting it to do. Drives me up the wall! Have actually shouted in frustration when tabbing doesn't work. Have found that smashing it on the table once or twice releases the demons living inside it but only for a little while.

And yes - I should buy a new mouse and they don't cost very much but living day to day as it is on 'de dole' (didn't see that 'who want's €100 thread in time).

But just confirmed a new job after 2 years out of work with a long term illness so happy days :D

Realising that my start date falls a few days before my cousin's wedding abroad so I can't go is also very painful, but not in the 'I'm gonna throw this thing out the fudging window in a minute' sense.

congrats on the job !! count to 10 and breath regards the mouse :D

or just throw it at the wall lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Biting the inside of my cheek.

getting spaz hand in a restaurant when pouring wine or being asked to taste it, you feel like everyone is watching you, you try and keep steady but no good. your hand takes on a life of its own !

Trekmad wrote: »

the funny thing about that is you mightn't do it for months or even a year.then the one day you do it you cant stop,you end up like some rabid dog chewing the cheek off of yourself all day. ouchies :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Trekmad wrote: »

If there's ever proof that we are not made in God's image, that is it.

As for the physical/mental pain thing.

Physical Pain: Switching on the telly only to hear "And this week on Oireachtas Report".

Mental Pain: Switching on the telly only to hear "And this week on Oireachtas Report".

Not much, I tend to internalise

maybe if it was something severe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Hitting your foot off something is one thing, hitting it off something when you have an attack of gout is a whole different thing. *mammy*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I have a low pain threshold so most things cause physical pain...worst is defo a kick in the bollix!!!

Mental pain - the memory of said kick in the bollix!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Physical: when taking out contacts while drunk sometimes you scratch your eyeball

feels bad man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Physical : Childbirth.
    Mental : Watching your OH going through it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Physical: hitting the shin off the coffee table - ever notice how coffee tables are just at the right height for this?

Mental: when flicking channels and realising you just watched 4 seconds of Big Brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Physical : Childbirth.
    Mental : Watching your OH going through it.

Physical + Mental = the rest of your life. :D (Just kidding)

Physical: When I move my hand to my lap and accidentally flick the side of my hairy sack of magic. Ow.

Mental: Holding a pin millimetres from a balloon near me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I always remember when I was a kid in school, playing football on a freezing cold morning and getting a smack of the ball in the ear! Hurt like fúck. And ye never had a nice soft leather ball, it was always one of them hard plastic ones that felt like you were getting hit with a plant pot.

Mental~ realizing you dont have enough in your bank account to draw out the minimum amount

Physical~ a bad dog bite

mental ~ the embarrassment of knowing it was a tiny jack russel about the size of a size 10 shoe :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Cramps!

• Advertisement

Mental pain - your horse getting beat in a photo finish

Physical pain - when you kick the table in anger after the result of the photo finish is called

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

physical pain: snagging your arm on a door handle.

mental pain: boss ringing at 11am to see where I am and frantically trying to come up with a plausible excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Physical: HAS to be a mouth ulcer on the tip of your tongue (the little f***ers are the most debilitating ailment you could ever have)

Mental: The Knowledge that you have to talk/kiss/eat with said mouth ulcer on the tip of your tongue

physical pain: snagging your arm on a door handle.

mental pain: boss ringing at 11am to see where I am and frantically trying to come up with a plausible excuse.

whats the best excuse you've given ? i found mentioning anything about fallopian tubes gets them all in a hurry to hang up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Physical: HAS to be a mouth ulcer on the tip of your tongue (the little f***ers are the most debilitating ailment you could ever have)

Mental: The Knowledge that you have to talk/kiss/eat with said mouth ulcer on the tip of your tongue

I reckon there are more debilitating ailments outs there than a mouth ulcer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Dean09 wrote: »
    I always remember when I was a kid in school, playing football on a freezing cold morning and getting a smack of the ball in the ear! Hurt like fúck. And ye never had a nice soft leather ball, it was always one of them hard plastic ones that felt like you were getting hit with a plant pot.

And then the harsh, harsh jeering of your classmates :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Physical: Those back of the calf cramps that wake you up. Got them in both legs simultaneously once, my husband thought I was being murdered :pac:

Mental: Irritating computer problems that won't go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Physical: Down the pub anytime one of the lads thinks it'd be a funny time to pinch me in the back of the arm.

Mental: Deciding whether to do it back to them knowing they'll prob just get me again later on if I do.

Quackles wrote: »
    Physical: Those back of the calf cramps that wake you up. Got them in both legs simultaneously once

+1 on that, remember it happening once when I was about 15, trying desperately to touch my toes to relieve the pain, horrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

physical - the funny bone.

mental - that hot tip not being being placed in the 3.35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Physical and mental: Sponge! The thought of a dry sponge sends shivers down my spine. If you think about biting it it always makes me think there's no enamel on my teeth and I'd be grinding down on raw nerves :o:mad::o:mad:

I know I'm a freak but it is a major pet hate of mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Quackles wrote: »
    Physical: Those back of the calf cramps that wake you up. Got them in both legs simultaneously once

Yea that happened me once i was fecking agony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

kfallon wrote: »
    Mental pain - your horse getting beat in a photo finish

Physical pain - when you kick the table in anger after the result of the photo finish is called

would have thought with a username like yours your mental and physical pains would have been different ones regarding horses :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Ah the good old sac-tap . . .

Physical: I had an ear infection last week, was whimpering with pain until the antibiotics kicked in.

Mental: thinking something is something else :) I once screamed and legged it when a black plastic bag brushed off my legs, I thought it was a cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

When your mum licks my bum
    Her tongues like a nettle
    Shes not very gentle
    She was licking at a steady pace
    I farted in her face

She screamed and gasped for air
    I didn't even care
    She said the fart was smelly
    I went downstairs to watch telly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement