Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do men enjoy / like kissing?

• 23-08-2010 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've been with my bf over a year now and in the beginning, we used to kiss alot, especially when being intimate. Things were pretty hot in the beginning and though they may have slowed down a little, the spark and chemistry is still there and we enjoy each other alot. The only problem is i've noticed, he barely kisses me anymore. I mean maybe a peck here and there usually instigated by me. I don't smoke, have good teeth and a nice smile, fresh breath, i really don't know if it's just laziness or what. Sometimes i just want him to hold me and kiss me like he did at the start as i think kissing is part of the whole intimacy thing plus very erotic ;). Makes me feel loved and cherised. My question is, do guys get lazy about these things, do you not realise how much this means to a gal or do you just not enjoy lip action as much as us girles do??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I don't think you can pin it down to a general question as to if all men enjoy kissing. After a few years in a relationship, it's just as likely that the woman can fall into the habit of not kissing as much too. I think it's a habit thing to be honest. I'm married but my habit is to always kiss my wife as soon as I see her, no matter where and when. We probably don't lie up on the couch smooching as much as we did when we first met, but we definitely kiss much more than other couples who are together the same lenght of time we are. I definitely find though that I have to remind my wife to kiss me sometimes if she's running out the door to work or something. My opinion would be that one person can easily change the routine back to kissing more. Your fella will be delighted if you snuggle up to him on the couch or when he comes in the door and give him a passionate kiss.

Not a guy but I've always found if something underlying is wrong with the relationship, that's the first thing to suffer.

Maybe you should talk to him about it and ask him, I doubt you'll get a uniform answer here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

god yes, its one of the best parts of being in a relationship, nothing quite beats thats first kiss with someone new (and I dont mean a drunken slobbering, I mean a proper first kiss, when theres sparks and excitement and you never want it to end). A lot of the time after a while you may get a bit complacent and kisses become little show of necessary affection, but I try not to, if you can find someone that gives you butterflies when you've kissed them for the 100th or 1000th time the same way as they did the 1st then its great.

if you feel hes gottena bit lazy about it, then make him remember what its like so he'll want to do it more, next time he's kissing you goodbye and if its a little peck that he usually gives you, let him give you a small kiss, then hold onto him, slowly move back in and give him a much longer, slowed one, send him off with his heart racing and not wanting to go wherever he has to, and he'll get the message ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Sure, kissing is good.
    Maybe get some new nice smell/tasting flavoured lipgloss or something? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I often wonder this too. I would assume it's more a girlie thing than a lads thing. I have found myself though that after a couple of years with the same person you do tend to get a little less bothered about kissing, but TBH I think in my case that's been down to my partners and their waning romance etc. I like to be able to have long kissing sessions though, without it having to lead somewhere. Sometimes I like kissing just for the kissing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Kissing is a hugely unappreciated activity.It seems like nowadays it is just a pre cursor for sex and largely ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Kissing tbh is a very intimate part of any bond with someone, whether it be a peck on the cheek for a son/daughter, or a proper kissing session with a gf/bf/husband/wife. It shows closeness and happiness between two people :)

Personally, I absolutely love it and cant get enough of it sadly:( I find it very relaxing and as said before, intimate to kiss a girl that appreciates it, and reciprocates in kind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

IMO the health of a relationship is linked to the mutual enjoyment of the kissing.

OP here, thanks for the answers guys, although some unsettle me a bit. Is it strange, from a guy's perspective, to not want to kiss your GF even in the middle of a steamy session!?! Like not at all, even afterwards? i just don't understand it and to be honest, it's starting to make me feel less confident in this relationship. Plenty of hugs etc but very little lip action. I totally agree, it's one of the underappreciated little things in life. Even if you have no intention to get down ;) a little kiss is so intimate and says to me, "you're special to me, as i don't do this with anyone else". Am i putting too much emphasis on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Kissing is awesome. The little wave of excitement as your lips collide and even more so if it's a proper kiss and the duelling begins. It should be passionate. And if it's not then something is amiss if you ask me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Its great. A peck on the cheek is worth a thousand words :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

I enjoy suckin' face with young ones anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Kissing is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Kissing is a hugely unappreciated activity.It seems like nowadays it is just a pre cursor for sex and largely ignored.

never thought that... ever... generally if i kiss a girl its because i want to how she kiss's affects what happens next! doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to or expecting to jump her bones...

A good passionate kiss... gets cogs moving.Doesnt nesscerily mean it needs to be acted apon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭flashforward

Ive been in 2 very long term relationships and found that in both of them the 'passionate' kissing significantly reduced with time.

Sad really.

I relate it to the 'honeymoon period' where you get butterflies in your stomach etc. In both of those relationships it happened after around 8-10months.

Or maybe I just haven't found someone right yet?

Ive been in 2 very long term relationships and found that in both of them the 'passionate' kissing significantly reduced with time.

Sad really.

I relate it to the 'honeymoon period' where you get butterflies in your stomach etc. In both of those relationships it happened after around 8-10months.

our of curiosity did you stop trying or ?

our of curiosity did you stop trying or ?

Stop trying what?

I'm still in the 2nd long term relationship.

Stop trying what?

I'm still in the 2nd long term relationship.

Pasionate kissing... or did it just fizzle out ?

Pasionate kissing... or did it just fizzle out ?

It just happened. Much like the butterflies, both just, as you said, fizzled out.

I'm also under the impression that the gf would automatically think I wanted a bitta something if I started a passionate kiss, to be honest she'd probably be right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I´d have to agree. Jaysus I remember when I was younger I´d spend literally hours kissing whoever I was with, fireworks all over the place...now I find that it always leads onto the next step too quickly. I know things can get very hot and bothered and I am happy to get there eventually but when literally seconds have passed from when you start kissing to taking your clothes off well...

Lads! Listen up! You wanna satisfy your lady? Then you can´t forget the foreplay. You need to control yourself and concentrate on the lips and just the lips for a while and I promise we´ll love you forever.

Without sounding like a right a-hole, if you do it right and spend time at it, kissing can be a kind of transcendental, out of body experience. It´s The Business.

• Advertisement

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I´d have to agree. Jaysus I remember when I was younger I´d spend literally hours kissing whoever I was with, fireworks all over the place...now I find that it always leads onto the next step too quickly. I know things can get very hot and bothered and I am happy to get there eventually but when literally seconds have passed from when you start kissing to taking your clothes off well...

Lads! Listen up! You wanna satisfy your lady? Then you can´t forget the foreplay. You need to control yourself and concentrate on the lips and just the lips for a while and I promise we´ll love you forever.

Without sounding like a right a-hole, if you do it right and spend time at it, kissing can be a kind of transcendental, out of body experience. It´s The Business.

Im not Scottish, so dont have that "sexy, rugged, Celtic man" look. If I get into a game of tonsil tennis I'm going to try and move things along as quickly as possible to try and prevent said lad nippin her off me.

This
    never thought that... ever... generally if i kiss a girl its because i want to how she kiss's affects what happens next! doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to or expecting to jump her bones...

A good passionate kiss... gets cogs moving.Doesnt nesscerily mean it needs to be acted apon...

can be answered by this.
    Eve_Dublin wrote: »

Id agree 100% with the above.When I was younger (early/mid teens),it was all about the kissing and as Eve says,spending hours at it.If I was really lucky,getting a bit of side boob action,happy days!!!

It seems to me that now kissing is an awful lot of the time going to end up with sex,at least in my experience anyway.

It seems to me that now kissing is an awful lot of the time going to end up with sex,at least in my experience anyway.

The way you wrote that you'd swear it was a bad thing!

I still had the butterflies at 2 years

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

bluewolf wrote: »
    I still had the butterflies at 2 years

I'm with my OH 3 and a half years and the butterflies, passion and kissing are all strong! :)

Although we're only 19 so maybe it's just being teenagers! :P

The way you wrote that you'd swear it was a bad thing!

Obviously it isnt a bad thing but the point Im making is that we live in a quick fix society,kissing is,IMO,the most intimate and erotic thing you can do with another person.Our mouths are used to communicate,to breath,to sustain our lives by eating,it may be a sort of hippyish view point but to me but kissing is tied into this and it has a certain magical aura about it.

A really good kissing session leaves you buzzing and thinking about it for the day,its such a good feeling.People are in a rush to reach an end point ie orgasm so the intimacy involved in the act of kissing is pushed aside and can be unappreciated.

All in my humble opinion of course.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Obviously it isnt a bad thing but the point Im making is that we live in a quick fix society,kissing is,IMO,the most intimate and erotic thing you can do with another person.Our mouths are used to communicate,to breath,to sustain our lives by eating,it may be a sort of hippyish view point but to me but kissing is tied into this and it has a certain magical aura about it.

A really good kissing session leaves you buzzing and thinking about it for the day,its such a good feeling.People are in a rush to reach an end point ie orgasm so the intimacy involved in the act of kissing is pushed aside and can be unappreciated.

All in my humble opinion of course.
    :)

Beautifully said, could'nt agree more !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Longest relationship I was in was 14 months and we never got sick of kissing.

Well... we must of got sick of something since we split.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

still love kissing my girlfriend after almost 5 years.

Hate when she wears lip balm and stuff like that though, hate the sensation and the taste. It might be strawberry, but its not nice.

Then again, one of my best friends i cant remember kissing his girlfriend in along time. Theyve lived together for a couple of years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Yes, me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

You cant beat a good shift:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

krudler wrote: »
    god yes, its one of the best parts of being in a relationship, nothing quite beats thats first kiss with someone new (and I dont mean a drunken slobbering, I mean a proper first kiss, when theres sparks and excitement and you never want it to end). A lot of the time after a while you may get a bit complacent and kisses become little show of necessary affection, but I try not to, if you can find someone that gives you butterflies when you've kissed them for the 100th or 1000th time the same way as they did the 1st then its great.

if you feel hes gottena bit lazy about it, then make him remember what its like so he'll want to do it more, next time he's kissing you goodbye and if its a little peck that he usually gives you, let him give you a small kiss, then hold onto him, slowly move back in and give him a much longer, slowed one, send him off with his heart racing and not wanting to go wherever he has to, and he'll get the message ;)

Spot on.

It wont take much to break the habit im sure, but to agree with other posters its highly under appreciated.

I find when in long term relationships the thought of kissing my girlfriend feels like kissing my sister, it actually feels wrong. This feeling usually kicks in after about a year or two. I just accept it now because it will probably feel like this with everyone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I love kissing. It's definitely one of my favourite things to do. I like it way, way more than foreplay tbh. One of my favourite memories of my ex is about 2 weeks after we'd started seeing each other - we've started off as just sex, but we met for a drink one afternoon. Despite having slept together several times, I was still too shy to even hold his hand. He went to the bathroom, which was behind me, and when he came back, he just kind of leaned over me and gave me a quick kiss. It was magical. I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day.

As time went on, we still kissed regularly, but we rarely 'made out' any more. It was all just pecks. It wasn't enough for me, and I brought it up but it never changed. I don't think I could be happy in a relationship where there wasn't enough kissing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Faith wrote: »
    I love kissing. It's definitely one of my favourite things to do. I like it way, way more than foreplay tbh. One of my favourite memories of my ex is about 2 weeks after we'd started seeing each other - we've started off as just sex, but we met for a drink one afternoon. Despite having slept together several times, I was still too shy to even hold his hand. He went to the bathroom, which was behind me, and when he came back, he just kind of leaned over me and gave me a quick kiss. It was magical. I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day.

As time went on, we still kissed regularly, but we rarely 'made out' any more. It was all just pecks. It wasn't enough for me, and I brought it up but it never changed. I don't think I could be happy in a relationship where there wasn't enough kissing.

I find this has been the case with my relationships too.... I kinda wonder why. To be fair, it was probably down to both of us, though I think maybe moreso himself. Maybe it's too hard to find a match, where ye both like it the same.

I also find I don't have the same excitement about kissing when you're into a relationship compared to at the beginning. I LOVE the feeling at the start of things, when you have the nervousness and uncertainty. It makes kissing really good. That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy it later on too, I mean the butterflies would continue for a long time, but it's just not the same as at the tension-filled beginning of it all....

All this talk is making me want some..... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

fathippo wrote: »
    I find when in long term relationships the thought of kissing my girlfriend feels like kissing my sister, it actually feels wrong. This feeling usually kicks in after about a year or two. I just accept it now because it will probably feel like this with everyone.

The kissing feels like incest but the ****ing doesn't???? I can certainly see how the romance and attraction could fizzle out in a relationship and it would feel like kissnig your sister but surely at the same time the sex would feel like it was with your sister too?? ie. its end of the road time for the relationshiop unless there is a house,marriage and kids involved.

I dunno, maybe its just me but even when indulging in some 'self lovin' the object for me is not to shoot my load asap. Half the pleasure of sex for me is in prolonging it as long as possible slowing reaching the 'peak' and the other half is knowing that I am driving my partner wild in the process. I don't understand lads who would even want to get straight down to it all the time. Don't they ever want to savour their partners bodies as long as possible before getting back to the boring inanities of life.

Sure, there is a place for quickies where one might just sidle up behind your partner at the sink kissing the back of their neck while running your hands up and down the sides of their clothed body before quickly lifting up their skirt or sliding down their jeans and........

9 time out of 10 though I prefer to roll around the couch or bed limbs entwined locked in a passionate kiss before slowly undressing her and kissing and stroking every beautiful inch of her before moving onto the next item of clothing. Penetration should be the mid-point of the hour+ session not 2 miutes after the beginning and 5 minutes before the end!!!

I want to savour every ****ing inch of her as long as possible and I view passionate kissing as part of that intimacy, not as a quick act to get me hard for the main event. Its all part of the main event for me not just the penetration and climax.

Now unfortunately I am single at the moment so after writing that I will have to bid you all in this thread adieu. I have something I have to go and do......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

Yep we do, but just like a couple in their 90's they don't really lock th'oul tongues anymore, do they. Ask him and I bet he'll laugh and say something like "I didn't know you liked it so much - ya big eejit!", If, of course he says things like "ya big eejit!" and so on.

After that he'll plant a wet tonguey one on ya, so be prepared with a towel etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

Calibos wrote: »
    Sure, there is a place for quickies where one might just sidle up behind your partner at the sink kissing the back of their neck while running your hands up and down the sides of their clothed body before quickly lifting up their skirt or sliding down their jeans and........

Urghhh arrrhhhgghhh ururrr ahhhh.... Oh Jesus...I exploded!

Lay off the sensual **** man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The kissing feels like incest but the ****ing doesn't???? I can certainly see how the romance and attraction could fizzle out in a relationship and it would feel like kissnig your sister but surely at the same time the sex would feel like it was with your sister too?? ie. its end of the road time for the relationshiop unless there is a house,marriage and kids involved.

I dunno, maybe its just me but even when indulging in some 'self lovin' the object for me is not to shoot my load asap. Half the pleasure of sex for me is in prolonging it as long as possible slowing reaching the 'peak' and the other half is knowing that I am driving my partner wild in the process. I don't understand lads who would even want to get straight down to it all the time. Don't they ever want to savour their partners bodies as long as possible before getting back to the boring inanities of life.

9 time out of 10 though I prefer to roll around the couch or bed limbs entwined locked in a passionate kiss before slowly undressing her and kissing and stroking every beautiful inch of her before moving onto the next item of clothing. Penetration should be the mid-point of the hour+ session not 2 miutes after the beginning and 5 minutes before the end!!!

I want to savour every ****ing inch of her as long as possible and I view passionate kissing as part of that intimacy, not as a quick act to get me hard for the main event. Its all part of the main event for me not just the penetration and climax.

Now unfortunately I am single at the moment so after writing that I will have to bid you all in this thread adieu. I have something I have to go and do......

....write some erotic fiction? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

....write some erotic fiction? :p

While I could have excercised my literary muscles I opted intead to excercise my 'muscle'...literally :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭princeofparma

I love kissing women.

Whenever I introduce myself to women, I always kiss them on both cheeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 you just read this

The only way to keep up the kissing in a relationship is too keep up the tension by

a) Keeping each other guessing

b) Being unpredictable

c) Light teasing

d)Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

folan wrote: »

Hate when she wears lip balm and stuff like that though, hate the sensation and the taste. It might be strawberry, but its not nice.

So true. I can't stand it when girls wear lipgloss. It's like sex with a condom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sealgaire

No offence but do you have a tash?

If you have nothing constructive to add then dont bother posting here at all.Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

Wow! sounds like you wont be single for long! ;)

I was thinking about kissing over the weekend, as a single girl I'd generally end up having a kiss with a 'nice' guy at the end of a night out. If I was to passionately kiss the guy it gets him going (and me too) but that doesn't mean I want to sleep together, I was thinking that if I kiss too passionately it's probably teasing. Often times I think it is considered a foot in the door. :eek:

As for the kissing dying out of the relationship, I agree that you should initiate a few steamy kisses but if that doesn't get him back on form especially no kissing during sex then I think its a sign that the passion has run out and you're relationship is in trouble, Ive been there, it could be a sign. Then again you could be a bad kisser...if thats the case youtube tips

Yourself wrote: »

I was thinking about kissing over the weekend, as a single girl I'd generally end up having a kiss with a 'nice' guy at the end of a night out. If I was to passionately kiss the guy it gets him going (and me too) but that doesn't mean I want to sleep together, I was thinking that if I kiss too passionately it's probably teasing. Often times I think it is considered a foot in the door. :eek:

As for the kissing dying out of the relationship, I agree that you should initiate a few steamy kisses but if that doesn't get him back on form especially no kissing during sex then I think its a sign that the passion has run out and you're relationship is in trouble, Ive been there, it could be a sign. Then again you could be a bad kisser...if thats the case youtube tips

No harm with a bit of passion :)
    I wouldn't say that its the foot in the door assumption is the mother brother and any other sucker of fub ups.
    Bit of teasing never hurt any body :D

well ye i think if there's no passion then you gotta create some... Monogoumous reletionships kinda things is the first thing that comes to mind...

I do think passions a very much in the moment type thing............ and when it kicks of god its dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    good :)

Advertisement