Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass in Running Order

• 23-08-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Can't get my head around it, what is actually included in MIRO?
    We are looking at a motorhome with a payload of 395kg.
    It's ok if water, gas, fuel and a driver are included in MIRO, but if not that virtually leaves us with no payload at all!!!
    The watertank is 110L, the fuel tank another 100L, 2 bottles of gas around 50kg, 2 of us together are around 135kg...

Can anyone help and clarify?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Are you looking at buying a brand new vehicle?

If so, let the manufacturer/dealer confirm in writing what the actual mass of your exact vehicle is ...you wouldn't be the first one to buy a fully equipped camper that can't (legally) take any passengers.

Modern campers have become very heavy and the magical 3500 kg ceiling comes ever closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sarenka

It's a second hand motorhome Adria Izola...

In that case it's easy ...off onto the scales with it with full tanks

peasant wrote: »
    In that case it's easy ...off onto the scales with it with full tanks

Thanks ;-) I know it's the best and most logical solution, but was just wondering what is really included in MIRO...
    I'm most likely wrong but I think a driver should be included as no motorhome could be in any running order without a driver, same with full water tank, fuel tank and at least one bottle of gas!

I only know of the new german MIRO guideline and that is a shambles.

It contains a standard driver of 75 kg and percentages for everything else ...like 90% fuel, 50% water, some arbitrary figure for gas and tools and some x kilos of food and luggage per theoretical passenger.And then the manufacturer may state that weight on a "typical" model of the range, but once you take the higher spec (with the awning and the microwave etc, etc) the stated weight is way out.

A weighing scales is your only friend really and in case of buying a new model that isn't made yet ...tie the weight down in the contract.

• Advertisement

peasant wrote: »
    I only know of the new german MIRO guideline and that is a shambles.

It contains a standard driver of 75 kg and percentages for everything else ...like 90% fuel, 50% water, some arbitrary figure for gas and tools and some x kilos of food and luggage per theoretical passenger.And then the manufacturer may state that weight on a "typical" model of the range, but once you take the higher spec (with the awning and the microwave etc, etc) the stated weight is way out.

A weighing scales is your only friend really and in case of buying a new model that isn't made yet ...tie the weight down in the contract.

ended up doing C licence.... :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

sarenka wrote: »
    ended up doing C licence.... :-)

Cost a few quid I'd say nice to have though.

Advertisement