Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Vacuum Cleaner

• 23-08-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

hey all i need a vacuum cleaner to get rid of pet hair iv been looking at the Samsung Fido Plus and the Miele Cat and Dog, anyone got any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

How strange I was just about to start the same thread :D

I have 4 dogs and a parrot so our house is constantly covered in hair and feathers no matter how much I hoover:rolleyes:

I currently have a dyson dc11 but it's about 7/8 years old so really not up to the task anymore. I have been considering the Dyson DC25 Animal but realy wanted to check if anyone has one and if they do work well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Bearpup

Hey,

There was a thread on this before....
    A lot of people are going to recommend the dyson animal... here is my 2cents worth.... paid a fortune for it and am really disappointed with the results... I think we may have gotten a faulty one though as on the previous thread I seemed to be the only one complaining :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Recently got a Dyson Animal and we think it is great! Sucks up an ungodly amount of dog hairs. You do need to "de-hair" the rotating pieces in the head a lot, but it is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

+1 on dyson. With two dogs and a kitten we cannot fault it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

Miele hoovers are brilliant. ive worked in a creche and the miele hoover was far superior to the dyson one we had there. i also know a girl who works in an electric store who would recommend them over dyson, she uses one herself. they are rarely brought back for repair or replacement. and shes been there a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

i know a couple of people that have the dyson and werent too impressed with it thats why i was looking at the samsung and the miele

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

i have a henry hoover and i find it brilliant, much better than the dyson, i think they do an animal version as well. i love it because its light, has a good long cable, cleans easily because you can take it all apart and wash it properly, and it has good suction. my dog bella likes being hoovered with it too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

well i have no experience with samsung, but can totally recommend the miele, i also have one and it is brilliant, and mine isnt the pet one. suction is great though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dolce

We have 2 mid-lenth haired cats & we went from a Dyson to the Miele recently and are thrilled with the results. The only pain is having to remember to get hoover bags again!

i thought the miele cat and dog vacuum was bagless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lyverbird1

Another thumbs up here for the Dyson Animal here!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Thumbs down for the Dyson from me. I have an Electrolux which was the predecessor of the Dyson, but the Dyson is rubbish IMHO, so I started using the Electrolux again.

i thought the miele cat and dog vacuum was bagless

I don't know about other ones but we have the Miele Cat & Dog Turbo 500 and it has a bad. I'm also asthmatic (yes, with 2 cats!!) and since getting the Miele I haven't had any problems; it's brilliant for cleaning down sofa's and curtains too (3 hose attachments).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

We have the Miele Cat & Dog and find it brilliant, really powerful. Never tried the Dyson so can't comment on that but assume that they're very expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

We have a Miele Cat & Dog, but where can we purchase the replacement bags? Almost impossible to find it anywhere.

I got mine on dustbag.co.UK, they were the cheapest I could find, they ain't the official miele bags but iv gone through about 8 of them and no problems at all

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    We have a Miele Cat & Dog, but where can we purchase the replacement bags? Almost impossible to find it anywhere.

Mrs Fox

sorry I took so long to get back but Easter was hectic!! Anyway, we get our replacement bags in DID electric! Sometimes in Stillorgan, sometimes in Bray Industrial Park (just off N11).

Like you, we have problems sometimes so when we see them in stock, we get a couple of boxes to keep us going. Am going to look into that other website though!!

Take care, Dolce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

dolce wrote: »
    Mrs Fox

sorry I took so long to get back but Easter was hectic!! Anyway, we get our replacement bags in DID electric! Sometimes in Stillorgan, sometimes in Bray Industrial Park (just off N11).

Like you, we have problems sometimes so when we see them in stock, we get a couple of boxes to keep us going. Am going to look into that other website though!!

Take care, Dolce

Thank you so much, Dolce! The closest DID to home would be Lucan so I'll give it a shot.

Advertisement