Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kind of wierd problem

Options
  • 23-08-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭

I recently had my PC shipped over to me from Ireland and well surprise surprise after shipping it's not working anymore. Went over the connections etc, doesn't seem to be a problem there but the PC won't even power on. I was suspecting the PSU untill for some reason it powered on for like a second then switched off then continued this untill I got unnerved and pulled the plug.

It's a Hiper 4M670 PSU, Gigabyte P35-DQ6 and a Q6600. Everything's still connected but could it be the mobo conn or simply the 'on' button being broken as that panel had been shifted out of place. Unfortunately I don't have access to another PSU and have no idea where to get a test panel over here in Sweden.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Does the mobo have a led that lights up once powered? It should come on if power is being fed to the board - that should tell you if it is PSU issue or not.

Have you tried powering it on with reduced RAM or without GPU incase these may be the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Good ideas! I don't recall the LED light coming on but I'll check once I get back home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Well, it kind of flicks on for a millisecond then dies. Replacement PSU time methinks... any recommendations for one? Thinking of grabbing a 650W Corsair

Advertisement