Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony PRS-505 screen repair/replacement

Options
  • 23-08-2010 11:29am
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dublin I can get the screen of a Sony PRS-505 repaired/replaced in Dublin? I know I can get a replacement screen myself for about $100 but I'd rather have someone who know what they are doing replace it.

I'm going to try the Sony shops later, but when a friend's reader broke they quted him the guts of €200 to repair a similarly damaged screen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

You'd probably be better off buying a new 505.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

No joy for me yet - one repair place couldn't get the part from their supplier and the Sony Center wanted €90 just to look at it. I'm going to try 1 more place and then call it day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

To be honest . the labour on the prs505 would push up to 150 euro at least methinks.

New E-readers are on the way, more reasonably priced as well, 4-6 weeks i think till there in shops in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Mirasol in jan/Feb will make eInk look rubbish?

Advertisement