Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The cleanest city in Ireland is...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I had that sickening feeling that it was going to be Kilkenny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dunno how Kilkenny could win cleanest City to be honest ;)

I think Least Dirty might be a fairer descripion for the award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It's a bit funny how an article promoting Waterford as the cleanest city used the bypass for its picture. If you use the bypass, you won't be seeing the clean city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Great.. nice to win anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

AdMMM wrote: »
    I had that sickening feeling that it was going to be Kilkenny!

Kilkenny would need to be an actual city for it to win cleanest city ;)

The centre of Waterford is actually not too bad, the dirtiest areas are usually around the schools so prepare for Barrack St, Military Road, the top of Paddy Brownes etc to become swirling maelstroms of crisp packets and chip papers next week! :mad:

All fast/cooked food outlets should be at least half a kilometre from schools. I never ate that junk for a school lunch. At least if they have to walk a decent distance there and back they won't get so fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Kahless wrote: »
    It's a bit funny how an article promoting Waterford as the cleanest city used the bypass for its picture. If you use the bypass, you won't be seeing the clean city.

But isn't it also Waterford City Council's logo? I suppose Reginald's Tower would be a more iconic image of the city.

logo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ is that really what that logo is? I'd never have guessed it.

It is

Terrible wishy-washy piece of design

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Funny but that logo was there long before the bypass was built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Funny but that logo was there long before the bypass was built.

Well we were waiting for it for a long time!

Good news for Waterford though, and fair play to the Corporation. Its not too many years since Waterford was one of the scruffiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

not taking anything away from the reward,but the other cities probably were just a bit dirtier than waterford.if it was for the centre of town fair enough, the corpo lads keep that clean alright. but a lot areas in the city are strewn full of rubbish(youd have to walk for miles to come across a single bin) and most paths are like dog **** covered minefields.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I take it they don't take in to account the ammount of heroin being used around the town and county as being clean, do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

Pretty typical of Waterford tbh; some pretty good news announced, Waterford being recognised as a city by national media for once, another sign that the city is moving in the right direction and the majority of comments made are snide put downs and disbelieving critcism. If Galway had won this they'd be shouting it from the rooftops. Well done Waterford and let's make a goal of winning this every year.

If Galway had won this RTE would have sent Ryan Tubriddy and Joe Duffy across and the city fathers would have declared a week of festivities and fiddly-ey-die music funded by the taxpayer at the behest of Michael D Higgins.

Did I mention that I hate Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

This would RTE News headlines

This is rte news todays headlines..

1. Galway And Dublin win the cleanest city
    2. Mayor of dublin Recuses a Cat from The top of a Van!
    3. 6 Year old wins Galway fish and chip shop coloring competition
    4. Bertie Ahern Goes toilet in Burger king
    6. .. Meanwhile.. in Waterford "Town" *as rte would refer it" A Nuclear explosion has killed everyone in the south-east of ireland and everyone in county waterford *Thats tonights nine o clock news Goodnight*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Wow, some bad winners here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Kahless wrote: »
    Wow, some bad winners here.

It's all true though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

How about this pic of the bypass
    ;)...https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/330689/125334.JPG
    c=1&d=12826424

• Advertisement
Advertisement