Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Coast in 2/3 Weeks Tips

Options
  • 23-08-2010 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is coming to Melbourne for Christmas, Then flying to Cairns around 28th/29th December. He's planning to take 2/3 weeks to get from Cairns down to Byron and then back up and flying from Brisbane to Sydney for a few days and then back to Ireland mid Jan.

I did the trip about 7 years ago and a bit rusty on the highlights, so basically I'm looking for advice on where to go/not to go. Where to stay/not to stay! I've told him about the obvious Fraser and Whitsunday trips but any advice on hidden gems down the coast would be great.

He is also thinking of doing an Ozexperience bus hop on hop off tour. Has anyone used these and are they good craic or value? He is doing it on his own so he might meet more fellow travellers this way. The track is so well travelled I'm sure he'll have no probs and especially around peak time too.

So any help/tips/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Advertisement