Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog ticks

Options
  • 23-08-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

hi
    my sister found 2 ticks on her dog, he does play with my dog and i was wondering if its probable that my dog now has them, iv looked as best to see if i could find any and have not seen any but he does have quite long hair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

it depends on where her dog picked them up. your lad wouldn't catch them from your sisters dog like fleas but if they were both playing in a tick heavy area, like long grass, your lad might have picked one up too. was her dog out anywhere like a forest or anything were he might've picked them up? they are very hard to see in long haired dogs until they start to fill with blood and get bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fernandovargas

she had him in local woods and the river beside it

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

I'd say that's were her dog got them so I wouldn't worry about your fella but do keep checking him just in case

will do thanks il keep good eye on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

It is possible that he could have one or a few, but the chances are slim if he hasnt been playing in the same area as your sisters dog. Theyre very hard to find when they first latch on as theyre tiny but get larger as they continue to feed.

If you're worried get some Frontline and treat him now.

• Advertisement

cheers can i get that in any vets??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Yep most vets should stock it... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

They fall off in three days anyways...

Advertisement