Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biggest spider I'v ever seen.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

Oh My God, now i'm starting to panic, is there an infestation or something? Last night i saw one in my kitchen and i ran upstairs to bed, and out of the corner of my eye i saw one running across the bedroom floor, like that i couldn't let him get away so i'm afraid i had to kill him too and tonight i saw another one running down my curtains in the sitting room..... huge very very fast spiders, my house is a new build ( 4 years old) and very warm.... what do you do to get rid of them ALL.... ?????????????
    down the curtain is exactly where i first saw one a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Relieved to come across this thread, as i taught it was just my house that has them.

Saw one the other night scarpering across the living room carpet, as big as my hand sent a shiver down my spine big time.

They got me paranoid now checking the bed covers every night just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

twelve up to know..eeek.im so afraid of them
    a huge one on my sofa last night.they seem far worst this year than ever before.im afraid to go to bed ......there must be something to deter them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

My Dog ate one which was running across the floor last night. Good dog :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Castaneda

mmm I hate flies in house , So i love spiders , more spiders = less flies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

I've dispatched 2 humanely and 1 not so humanely in the last 2 days from my house.

I'm thinking about going all arachnaphobia on their scurrying asses with a deodourant flamethrower / nailgun attack.
    you know, send the spider community a message.

Lucky for me I've lived in houses in ireland all my life, but i've never seen them so big and there was no sign of the feckers last year...
    Anyone know why theres an increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Morganna wrote: »
    twelve up to know..eeek.im so afraid of them
    a huge one on my sofa last night.they seem far worst this year than ever before.im afraid to go to bed ......there must be something to deter them

I have heard that some essential oils such as lemon or lavender mixed with water in a spray container is a handy deterent. Apparently you then spray possible vents and any other possible entry/exit routes to deter them. They are supposed to hate the smell. If it was to be effective you would probably have to be spraying every two/three days from august on.

Advertisement