Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do if i didnt get any offers ??

• 23-08-2010 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Ok well... the past year has been a complete failure and well without any studying ( any at all ) my leaving certificate didnt go to plan !! i failed 2 subjects ( business & german ) but did decent in the rest worked out over 300 points did all honour subjects bar maths ... BUT i did not get an offer for any courses i know obviously i dont deserve anything an probably should repeat my leaving but well i hated school ! so could anyone give me some advice ? on my cao was culinary arts , media , journalism , business , teaching , arts .... to be honest i just want to do something next year with anything that interests me .
    i honestly havent got a clue what to do now so any advice/opinions/options/experience is well appriciated :D
    thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Call your old school and arrange to meet with the guidance counsellor, I'm sure they could help you based on your interests and ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Emoran wrote: »
    Ok well... the past year has been a complete failure and well without any studying ( any at all ) my leaving certificate didnt go to plan !! i failed 2 subjects ( business & german ) but did decent in the rest worked out over 300 points did all honour subjects bar maths ... BUT i did not get an offer for any courses i know obviously i dont deserve anything an probably should repeat my leaving but well i hated school ! so could anyone give me some advice ? on my cao was culinary arts , media , journalism , business , teaching , arts .... to be honest i just want to do something next year with anything that interests me .
    i honestly havent got a clue what to do now so any advice/opinions/options/experience is well appriciated :D
    thanks !

So assuming you did 7 subjects, that means you've passed 5??? English, Irish, Maths and two others. That satisfies the entry requirements for any of the ITs except perhaps one or two specific courses.

You could have a look at the Available Places list on the CAO website. If there is anything there that you are interested in you can apply for it tomorrow on the CAO website, you don't have to have applied for any of the courses previously.

Don't rush into accepting a course just for the sake of it. If there's something there you like, great. If not, sit down and think about what you want to do. Repeating the year or doing a PLC wouldn't be the end of the world.

Advertisement